189/190's Lodged June 2016

NatalieOconnell

Hey Guys!

Just a group to track the progress of fellow forumites that lodged their 189 Visa in June 2016.

I uploaded most docs except the medicals, which are booked for next Monday.

Holding thumbs!

Natalie

• Like 1

Hi Natalie

We lodged and uploaded all our docs on the 9th of June. We did everything ourselves - very nervous!! 

Good luck :)

Great @Vix ,We only lodged ours on the 17th so I'm sure we have still a while to wait.

Eek!!!

Good Luck to you too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, also lodged our visas in June. Hoping the case officer comes back soon. She already asked for some extra documents, which we submitted a week later. PCC and UBC's mainly. have any of you got any feedback yet?

Hi @Marcodasilva

We lodged our application on the 17th June. Have not heard any news back nor do we have a case officer. We are hoping to finalize and submit medicals next week as my husband had to do a refered sonar before the doctor could give the all clear. 

When in June did you submit your application and is it for a 189?

Hi, lodged 7 June and case officer appointed 22 June. Case officer asked for more forms which we submitted and haven't heard back. I've been reading that things speed up in July, so let's hope that's true. We are going in as 189 with 70 pts. Out medicals are all clear and last forms added so hopefully get good feedback soon. 

Hi All,

Just to update you, i just got notification of our PR 189 visa approval. Soooooo happy and relieved. All the hard work paid off. I can also say that using Migrate2Oz was a good decision. They are excellent!

• Like 2

@Marcodasilva, That's fantastic news! Congrats!

That was surprisingly very quick!

Hope applications come through quickly too!eek!

Hey guys,

I got an e-mail from the case officer today asking for my husbands Form 80 and "Evidence of overseas studies" that must be certified, seems i uploaded one of my certificates in black and white.

Hopefully I can upload them by tom.

Any news your side @Vix?

Nope nothing. No contact from CO yet. We lodged on the 9th, almost a month ago, starting to get worried now :( Did you use an agent?

Hi @Vix,

We didn't use an agent. I really don't think you need to worry, they are quite reasonable and they will ask you for more info if they need.

I use this site https://myimmitracker.com/ to have a look at peoples timelines, you can fill your details too, just gives a clearer indication as to when you could expect feedback.

Holding thumbs!

Hi @Vix,

We didn't use an agent. I really don't think you need to worry, they are quite reasonable and they will ask you for more info if they need.

I use this site https://myimmitracker.com/ to have a look at peoples timelines, you can fill your details too, just gives a clearer indication as to when you could expect feedback.

Holding thumbs!

Hi all

I stumbled upon this thread by accident but thank heavens I did.

We lodged our applications on the 1st of June.  We have not heard a word yet and we are getting worried as well. Migrate2Oz is doing our applications wit myself as the main member. I'm a Metal Machinist.

I hope we hear back from trade assess soon "sigh"  

All the best to everyone going through this process

Hi @DannyReed32

Welcome! I'm sure you guys have nothing to worry about. Have you uploaded all your documents,including medical, PCC and Forms?

I have no idea how they actually go through the whole process and if the prioritize points/occupations. When you say "I hope we hear back from trade assess soon", does that mean you are still waiting for your skills to be assessed?

Good morning

Yes M2O uploaded my skills assessment documents the last week of may, but the payment for the skills assessment only went off my

account on the 1st of June. It's done through trade assess, It's been 6 weeks already and we haven't heard a word yet. That's why were getting kind of worried because Marcodasilva got his visa confirmation already. We haven't even done the technical interview yet. Do you guys think this is normal?

Wait a minute I'm hijacking the wrong thread here? This is for visa aplications :wacko:. My apologies to all. Feeling kinda embarrassed now haha

Omw!!!!

@Marcodasilva Hi there.

Nope still no word. But we are hoping for this week. It's the 7th week in so I'm sure it'll be very soon, they say TRA takes round about 6 weeks but they had year end so that might have delayed things.

Hi Danny,

Ye, if you are awaiting TRA they can take a while, mine certainly did. Who is your skills assessment via? Have you got your police clearances done yet?

Once you get a positive outcome from skills assessment and TRA, then its time to lodge EOI, get an invite which can go quick or take some time and then you need to submit your visa application.

Still some bit to go, but well worth it.

You have only been in this for 3 months, so try be patient. Its not easy i know. But M2O is really good.

Hi Marco

Yes we've only been at this roughly 3 months (feels more like 12 lol) but yes will try and be patient. The skills assessment went through TRA and Vetassess. I'm sure the assessing authority is Trade recognition Australia so I don't really know why the agents had us filling in veatassess forms. But they really know their story. Like you said Migrate2Oz is really good and know what to do.

How long did yours take? And if you don't mind me asking what is your trade?

We will be doing the police clearance either this week or next week. I hear they also take their time...

• Like 1

Hi TRA and Vetassess can take up to 6 months, so patience in this case is a virtue. I went under Electronics, what trade are you trying under?

My entire process took about 12 months, it was hard to be patient, but we got there eventually.

For Vetasses you are supposed to write an exam, for TRA you should be submitting proof of experience. 

Hi

I'm going as a metal machinist first class, Yes I had to submit proof of my trade test as well as working experience.

We still have a lot to learn and a long road to walk still. But in the end It'll be better.

All the best to all...

No worries, you are welcome to ask questions any time. This forum supported me and so i am happy to help anyone else still going through the visa application process.

Best of luck, you are making the right decision.

• Like 1

@Marcodasilva

Positive outcome received. Thank heavens now onto technical interview.