Where to buy in Canberra

FairGo

Hi

We have been in Canberra for two weeks now and staying with friends.   We will be moving into our own place next week so we need to buy a few things.  

I have realised that something on "special" is the everyday price at another store...

Please give advice on where to buy the following.   (I will be updating post as we go along and need to buy items)

Iron

Ironing board

Clothes drying racks 

Heater

Vacuum cleaner

Steam cleaning machine.  5 in 1 mops / steamers looks like it can come in quite handy

Blankets and linen 

Thanks.  Does Kogans sell good quality products? 

Edited by FairGo

Kmart

Kmart

BigW

Reject shop

For bedding: Spotlight

For new items like vacuum cleaner heaters try the good guys In our experience they are always willing to beat the price and knock off the extra dollars if you find it cheaper elsewhere.

Also try gumtree and local buy swap sell pages, alot of people move around in Australia and you could get something brand new at bargain price just because people don't want to pay for removal.

Iron - Good Guys

Ironing board - Bunnings

Clothes drying racks - Bunnings

Heater - double check that you really need one.  Our house has ducted heating so we don't have a heater.

Vacuum cleaner - Good Guys

Steam cleaning machine.  5 in 1 mops / steamers looks like it can come in quite handy - never had one of these myself but I guess Good Guys would have them.

Blankets and linen - If you want to make life easy for yourself go to Myer and do it all there.  If you are up for a challenge, go to the Sheridan outlet shop at the DFO in Fyswick. You might have to dig around to find the right sizes etc but the prices are pretty good.

And welcome to Canberra :)

Thanks @Kurkprop.  You were right.  It has heating and there is an extra heater in the closet, but no need to use it.

• Like 1

We bought our vacuum cleaner from Godfreys in Fyshwick. They sold us the bottom of the range commercial vacuum cleaner which we have been very happy with.

• Like 1