Just submitted Vetassess forms

comrades

I have just submitted my vetassess papers this week and I was told they will take their money from my account after 10 working days.

I don't have a credit card, so I am using a FNB cheque gold visa debt card. My question is; are they going to be able to deduct money from this card?

This is my first time to use this card for such payments.

It should be ok as long as it's a VISA,  Mastercard or American Express. 

The only time I have had an issue with my SA credit card here was paying a road toll. They have etolls here and I was trying to pay a bill. 

The etoll company told me to call Standard Bank to get it sorted out.  But standard bank blamed the etoll company. 

From what I could gather the etoll company was disconnecting before Standard Bank could send a message to go ahead with the transaction. 

I just blamed standard bank as they do a lot of automatic fraud checking an Aussie bank wouldn't need to do. 

• Like 1

There is a whole outcry over credit cards in Australia. You book an airfare for $200 only to be told the credit card surcharge is $20. Or you buy a cup of coffee only to be told the amount is too small for you to pay by card 

The government has put laws in place that say the business can only pass on the credit card fee to you..  They can't make a profit off it. 

Mastercard has even started a 0 campaign.  Shops now have signs up saying there is a 0 dollar minimum spend if you pay with a Mastercard. 

Ooh well,  so much for my bank shares..  ?