Electronics and CV

WillemPrinsloo

Question

Is it possible to use my South African electronics in Australia?

Can anyone recommend a good company that specializes in generating CV's for the Australian job market.

3 answers to this question

Hi Willem,

I used Roland Coombes from ITOUCH resume's. His email admin@resume-solutions.com.au & website  www.resume-solutions.com.au ,  they really did nice work on my CV and Cover letter. There are cheaper options if you type CV in the search bar you will see. The full monty was 400 AUD,.....The other option is Roz Fisher, also highly recommended by others on the forum at half the price. 

Cheers

G

Edited by Geite
  • Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:42 PM, WillemPrinsloo said:

Is it possible to use my South African electronics in Australia?

What electronics are you talking about? Power supply here is 220-240V, same as in SA, so all electrical equipment will work here. You only have to change the plugs. Phones, Radios, TV's, etc. will all work here. Bring some plug adaptors (SA to Aus) for items like wall chargers, etc where the plugs can't be changed.

• Like 1

Getting your CV "Aussiefied" is a great idea.

But, remember the key thing is know what will make you happy! That may sound a bit funny. But really, its about covering the butt of the manager that hires you. The manager's butt will be 100% covered if you work happily in the job, do the job without complaining and stick around.

No company wants to hire a migrant only to find you hate your new neighbourhood and you want to move 1/2 way across the city and thus need to change jobs. Also, if they hire a local earning $60 000 per year, they pay the person $61 000 per year and the person is happy. But if they offer you the $61 000 per year, you will soon find out the industry average is $65 000 and move on.

You need to sound convincing that you know what it will take to make you stay in the job! So do your homework! i.e. read salary surveys and research the neighbourhood you want to live in. Also, give your commute a try... Google may say its 40 minutes to that great new job... but practically it may take over an hour.

Edited by monsta
  • Like 1