So what is the Aussie equivalent of Flusin S?

BrendanH

I had a bit of a cold this weekend and I dropped into the pharmacy to grab some self medication and all I could find was herbal stuff ( Which I tried but it did nothing except leave my mouth tasting like I ate a boquet of flowers for the rest of the day.)

The other stuff was all no drowsiness stuff.

When I am sick I want something that is going to murder the symproms and zonk me out for 18 hours so my body can get on with fighting the bugs - aka Flusin S.

Oh,and if it fizzes away in a glass of water that is even better - the bubbles are how you know it works :)

Did you talk to the pharmacist or just look on the shelves?  Because all the really strong stuff is kept behind the counter at the dispensary (not scheduled but "monitored").  So maybe tell them what you want it to do and they'll guide you?

It would probably also help if you look up the active ingredients of Flusin S so that they know what is equivalent here.

• Like 1

The "cold and flu day / night" tablets works well - not fizzy though...  The pharmasist will be able to give an equivalent.  I frequently go there with my South African empty / just the name and each time they could provide me with the Ozzie meds.  The only thing I could not find yet was Dr Vogel's Echinacea drops.  They only have these HUGE and very expensive echinacea pills...

• Like 1