looking for work from RSA and relocating to Oz

DanielC2016

Hi there,

My name Is Daniel and I am a permanent resident of Australia, but did return to RSA.

I am now missing the lifestlyle over there  and hoping to move back there before visa expires etc. etc.

Is it possible to find a job if applying from overseas? It seems like they prefer applicants who are living in Australia who can almost start immediately, I am using Seek.com.au which seems to be the best job web site in my opinion.

Another question, when would be the best time to look for a job - I was thinking of next February when the year starts kicking off again?

Thank you I appreciate any advice....

Regards

Daniel

You can apply now,  it's only going to get worse around and after the federal election. Funding for existing government projects will get cut and the projects who do get the new funding won't  be looking to hire staff straight away. 

As they say,  "Control the narative".  A recruiter wants a story he can sell to his customers (i.e your future employer). 

So,  have a good,  simple explanation of why you went back to RSA that explains why you will never go back.  Be very clear on what sort of job will make you want to stay. Be specific on where you want to live.  Know what you want to earn. Read salary surveys,  etc.. 

Don't have an attitude of,  "I will take whatever I can get".  Recruiters know that you know Aussie and will work it out if you get a bad deal and leave the job. 

If your story sounds believable to a potential employer,  then you are all set. Ask yourself,  "would I hire myself after reading that CV? Or would I have concerns about xxx and yyy? ". 

Hi there "Monsta"

Thanks for advice. I will amend my cover letter to be more convincing as I don't think I have been.

Its just funny I applied for the very same job I used to work at  in my company over there and didn't even hear back (that was a shocker!)

Cheers

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Unless you have a very rare skill don't expect to be contacted if you offshore.