WA State Nomination Application

AccountantZ

Question

Hi guys,

I received an ITA from WA. I am now completing the online application, but am facing a bit of a challenge. Am an accountant but i haven't received a job offer or a letter of interest from an employer. Now my invitation is about to expire, and i am thinking how feasible it is to apply for a state nomination in such a situation? What is the probability of a successful application, given that my profession is on Schedule 2, or how best can i have an assured successful application? 

10 answers to this question

Hi

I'm not to sure what ITA stands for or if you need a job before moving, but have you considered going over to Perth and then apply for jobs or line up interviews? 

ITA stands for Invitation To Apply.................so they give the Invitation To Apply, but it seems they want someone to be having a job offer of a letter of interest from a potential employer .... that's where my bone of contention is right now.

Back in 2012 it was the same with us. I wrote the following to them:

Subject Area: migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au Details: Please advise if it is imperative to have a job offer if I want to apply for State Sponsorship with an occupation on the offlist skills list. I have sufficient funds and friends in WA. Many thanks 

and there response was:

Hello

If you studied in Australia or you are applying from another state then you will br required to provide a full time offer of employment with your application.

Kind Regards

Migration Officer | Skilled Migration WA

Department of Training and Workforce Development

Government of Western Australia

Level 2 | 166 Murray Street | Perth 6000

T (Aust): 13 23 98 | T (O/S): +61 8 9224 6593 | F: +61 8 9421 1391

www.migration.wa.gov.au

Yes, but we are in WA now :)

3 hours ago, AccountantZ said:

Thanks for that @bbop  it seems you then went to NT, is it so?

9 minutes ago, bbop said:

Yes, but we are in WA now :)

Wonderful, am also considering NT (Darwin especially). How is the environment like

• Like 1

Absoultely loved the NT. We ended up moving to Alice Springs though, as that is were my other half found employment. We found Darwin to be a a city with a country feeling, which is why we were attracted to Darwin in the first place. Only city that I will actually drive the car! The weather is hot and humid. Looking at possibly returning in the distant future. Loved the open speed limits on certain roads. Alice is hot and dry and ice cold in the winter. The people we found were not so receptive as in Darwin, but thats just us :)

3 minutes ago, bbop said:

Absoultely loved the NT. We ended up moving to Alice Springs though, as that is were my other half found employment. We found Darwin to be a a city with a country feeling, which is why we were attracted to Darwin in the first place. Only city that I will actually drive the car! The weather is hot and humid. Looking at possibly returning in the distant future. Loved the open speed limits on certain roads. Alice is hot and dry and ice cold in the winter. The people we found were not so receptive as in Darwin, but thats just us :)

Awww, that's nice and thanks for the information hey. So which professions are you guys into, i hope there is an accountant in the house

Nope, no accountants, sorry :) aviation and property management.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bbop said:

Nope, no accountants, sorry :) aviation and property management.

awww, ok. thats good anywre. W'l keep in touch

• Like 1