Snoek in Sunbury

TeeTMI

I was at my local fish and chips shop last night and find that I am known there as the 'Couta lady' as this is what I always buy - and seemingly I am the only person buying it from them as it is not that popular locally! 

I told them that they should try advertising it as Snoek (as Barracouta is one of the local names for Snoek), as there are a few South Africans here.  If you are ever in Sunbury I highly recommend a visit to the Thalassa fish and chip shop (Gap Rd near Aldi https://www.facebook.com/Thalassa-Fish-And-Chippers-358213470864535/?fref=ts).

Some of the other shops here have it but often cooked badly Thalassa cook it really well - fresh & moist texture.

Sorry a bit of blatant advertising but I'd hate them to take it off the menu!

• Like 2

I will buy that today and add that the couta lady sent me.......  Great to know, thanx!!!!    Any suggestions of where to buy GREEN cream soda or something that tastes similar?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am very tempted to run over there, and say nothing about the 'Couta Lady', but just look at the menu and go: "Oh, 'couta...you guys have snoek!!!" Just to try to get them to think that different people independently recognise that 'couta is snoek. Perhaps then they will add the name in brackets?

Although Sunbury is a bit out of my way. I think I'll have to wait until Mara is back and I can multi-purpose a visit there... Hmm...*panda dreams little Snoekie dreams*

• Like 2

See, I keep on shoutingthe merits for Sunbury!