Travel Insurance - One Way

Sassyninja

HI there

For those who have done this before, what travel insurance did you use for your one way flight? 

I've just read that my ABSA auto cover doesn't cover one way flights. 

Good grief! I would have just expected the normal cover to apply! Just checked FNB and they also do not cover you if you are travelling with the intent to emigrate. Seems like they think emigrating and terrorism are very close to each other, its literally below one another as part of the exclusion reasons that you will not be covered :blink:

Anyway, thank you for that, will investigate what else is available! Good luck with the last arrangements!

• Like 1

Hi Guys

TIC offer migration cover. If you apply via FNB they will give you the same cover. It was about R1000 per person for 30days. I opted not to take it as at least my medical aid covers me for any medical issues.

Edited by Yuvi
  • Like 1

Try AIG (Travel Guard) - I was able to get 9 days cover for myself and my fiance for R777 when we go over in September. Covers medical as well as baggage, delayed flights etc. They have different packages for how many people and how long you want the cover for.

• Like 2

Hi Sassyninja,

I used flight center's plan I had the same issues you did. For my family it was R1810 for 4 of us. I also took cover for 14 days. Definitely think @OzAdventureTime got a better deal though! 

Is it necessary to take the travel insurance though if you have medical cover?

Thanks

@Yuvi we chose to take insurance mainly to cover our luggage - we're only taking our suitcases over so it would be quite a setback if something happened to them

• Like 1

Yeah we're putting all our winter goods in our bags as well as photos and harddrives, so these are NB to us. Its mostly to do with the baggage insurance. Someone should sell this seperately.