Changes to points requirements for SOL ICT BA

MyAusJourneyIB

Question

Can anyone on the forum shed some light on the changes to some of the occupations on the SOL list....

They have increased the required points to even apply..... (OMG this is heartbreaking)

I'm specifically worried about the ICT Business analyst skill as I'm working my but off to make sure that I get to qualify for the 60 points by the end of the year and now they have increased it to 70....

Does this mean that I have no chance?

I'm devastated.  Please can anyone shed some light, could the entry points go back down to 60 with the new year (July16?)

If not then I feel like I'm stuck here in SA.....:(

6 answers to this question

Hi Lilly I can completely understand your heartbreak. My husband was wanting to apply for a PR visa his occupation was on the SOL. He had to requalify though and this meant alot of studying and money for the courses around 13000 per subject!! He was on the final leg of the exams when the occupation of Solicitor was taken off the list. We thought as you did, that's it now our chances have gone. Anyway we kept checking the SOL I think it changes every Jan or July cant remember and Solicitor was put back on the list. At one stage the points were 65 then they dropped it to 60. My advise is carry on with your studies and don't lose hope, you never know what's going to happen. We have been living in Melbourne for 8 months now. All is not lost ?

Ah @Emmayenkanna thank you so much for your reply, you give me hope!!! And well done on what was obviously hard work that has clearly paid off. 

PS. LOVE Your signature quote!!!

Edited by LillyL
Add in one sentence

Hi @LillL, where do you see the exact requirements for the ICT BA application? 

I am waiting to write my IELTS test before I can submit my EOI and was under the impression it was only 60 points I needed 

Thanks

@Gavscott

on the FB page  South Africans migrating to Australia posted by one of the agents.

image.png

image.png

The amount of points required for the 189 visa for occupations being invited under the quota system is subject to change. 

The current details can be found at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/27-april-2015-round-results

The occupations impacted by the quota system currently are:

• ICT Business and Systems Analysts
  • Accountants
  • Software and Applications Programmers.

Some occupations have reached quota for this year (no new invites until July 2016)

• 2212 – Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasures
  • 2339 – Other Engineering Professionals

The latest data is:

points.jpg