What about the dogs?

Dora

Question

Hi,

We have to decide whether to take the dogs or to find new loving families for them.  Can anyone shed some light as to what the costs are to take the dogs over? Is there an official website where I can read about this?

TIA

2 answers to this question

@DoraThere is a search button at the top right of your screen, however, I did a search for you...

http://www.saaustralia.org/search/?&q=dogs%20cats%20quarantine

There is a lot to read, but please disregard any posts before 2015, as all the rules changed at that time, look at the posts from Jan 2015...

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dora said:

Hi,

We have to decide whether to take the dogs or to find new loving families for them.  Can anyone shed some light as to what the costs are to take the dogs over? Is there an official website where I can read about this?

TIA

Hey @Dora I can't bear parting with my furry kids so they are going with... it is quite expensive for them to go with, the biggest expense being the flight tickets and quarantine (10 Days) on the Aus side. There are quite a few companies that help you with getting the dogs ready to go over (Karinga being the most popular) our migration agents suggested paws resort in Midrand. We visited them and they have lovely kennels and offer a boarding package where they do all the bloodtests and get the paperwork (Import permit etc) ready for you, then they work with Aeropets who assist with fight tickets etc. (Karinga also offers this service) All in all with the quarantine fees included and my dogs doing the 42 day boarding at Paws Resort it is going the be about R100 000 for them to go over to Aus. Take a look at the dept of agriculture website, they give you info on importing animals and the quarantine costs. You can do it yourself without an agent on this side, but I feel it is just less stressful on you if you don't have to get the state vet certificate etc yourself.  I have 2 big dogs, smaller ones are a bit cheaper as the flights would not be as expensive. Hope this helps!

• Like 2