Primary schools in Gold Coast Area

lizS

Hi there

I'm new to this forum. We will be immigrating in June this year to the Gold Coast, as my brother lives there. Planning to arrive 2 weeks before the term ends so that we can have a look at schools, decide and hopefully find a rental in the catchment area.  We are looking at the Robina, Varsity lakes, Mugereeba areas and surrounds. Varsity lakes state school and clover Hill state school have been recommended to us. Our girls are 7 and 9. Does anyone live in these areas and can you give me advice on these schools or other suggestions. Is so hard to decide from this side without getting a feel for the schools!

Thanks so much.

Edited by lizS

These are both fantastic schools and even though mine never went to any of these schools, I have friends who have sent their kids to these schools and have been extremely happy with them.  I have also heard good things about Merrimac state school too.  Most of the junior schools around the Gold Coast are good schools, its when they get to high school that things change. The areas you are looking in are really good, I would see which one can accommodate your children out of these two and where you can get a rental.  I would not worry too much about looking at other schools, both of these are good and you will be happy with either of them.

Hope this helps, happy to help with any other questions you have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have just moved to Mudgeeraba from Adelaide and our 3 boys are in Mudgeeraba SS. They have settled in really well and I am happy with the school. Varsity is excellent and so is Clover Hill. I decided against Clover because of the traffic during pick up and drop off. I know parents who arrive 30 minutes early just to secure a parking spot! We decided against Varsity Lakes simply because it's such a busy and built up area. Although having said that I am applying for my son to attend their Aspire program for high school! I would probably choose Varsity over Clover but the catchment is quite small and as Heather says it really depends on your rental and I think you will be happy with either.