Addition of dependent

Shehraan

Question

Hi everyone,

We recently had a baby and completed the necessary 1022 notification of changes forms to add him onto our current 189 application. 

We clicked on the "information provided" button on Tuesday evening. 

Can anyone provide their experiences regarding the timeframe that they had to wait until they heard from the case officer? 

I know its only been a couple of days but just so anxious. 

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi Sheraan, we are in exactly the same boat as you and from what I can tell they accepted the birth and addition of your child to your visa application with the use of Form 1022.

Can you please let us know a little more of how the process went? It's stressing me out just a little at this point as a VPO (previously CO) has been appointed and we are still applying for our little one's passport after having received her Birth certificate recently. Just wanting to know whether they just add her and then resend a HAP request as well as a request for further payment or do they request you proceed with a child dependant visa application? 

Your assistance on this matter would be truly appreciated! :)

Hi GJSA,

Apologies for the late reply.

They automatically add him/her onto the application. We sent through form 1022 (26/03/16) along with his UBC at first so that they could add him on. In that time of waiting for them to add him on we did his passport application. We sent through another 1022 with his passport bio on 12/04/16.

When we heard from the CO they then requested his medical only (22/04/16).

There is no further payment required for the addition of baby which is great!!!

Our visas were then granted in May so the lead time between the addition of baby and the grant was about 2 months.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any other info.

Goodluck

Shehraan