Text message issues

Rhyss

Hi Guys,

Anyone in Aus experiencing sending tect messages from Aus using Vodafone service to MTN in SA? We've been able to send text messages to my Mom in SA no problems, for year but all of a sudden she's not receiving our text messages, yet we receive hers. She can however receive when we send from an Optus or Telstra service.

We've notified Vodafone who tell us that according to their system, the texts are being delivered to MTN. They've told us to get MTN to sort it out. MTN reckon there's nothing wrong with their service or the settings on my Mom's phone because she is able to receive local text messages as well as text messages from other overseas services,just not Vodafone - Australia! My son and daughter also have Vodafone SIM cards and their text messages are not getting through either.

The problem started the week prior to Easter Weekend and Vodafone have been useless in sorting it out. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing same issue with Vodafone to MTN text only issues.

thanks

Sorry you are experiencing difficulties Rhyss, cannot offer any help, just wanted to say the I think Vodafone is the pits!

Thanks Mara, Vodafone really do suck!! I've even been in contact with MTN in SA and they have been unbelievably helpful. I spoke to some lady called Queen....seriously :D  Vodafone say they're checking it out and will get back to me. When they do get back to me it's always a new person and they ask me to do the exact same tests and checks all over again on my side! I can't get it through to their thick heads that we have been using this service for years, nothing has changed just their service is no longer delivering the messages! I have 3 x SIM cards on this one Vodafone account costing me R255pm. If they cannot sort out this issue in the next few days I will ask them to elevate my query to the next level where I will insist that I can cancel all 3 services without penalty. I have an Optus work phone and it is able to SMS SA, any service and it's cheaper!   

Edited by Rhyss

@Rhyss I would threaten them with the "ombudsman". If you are paying for a service which is not working, then the onus is on them to make it work, or to allow you to withdraw from the service, as it is not working.  Not saying that is the law, but frighten them, they like fobbing people off. Do whatever you do in writing, not phone calls, as then you have an actual paper trail. If they call you, then tell them, you are recording the conversation, if they are not happy with that, tell them to email you... I am quite certain that this may then bring you some results.

A few years back I am sure I remember the same thing happening and it took them around six months to sort it out.

• Like 1