Intro after lurking for a while

vitchie

Hi all

I've been reading these forums for quite a few months and thought its about time to introduce myself. My wife and I along with our 2 daughters, aged 10 and 5, have just lodged our 189 application. Now the wait begins!

Edited by vitchie
  • Like 2

@vitchie May I say welcome to our corner of the cyberworld! As you have already been a lurker, you know by now that we are a good crowd of forum members who go out of our way to answer the questions of newcomers! So let the questions start!

I also wish you a smooth and easy transition, to the place of your choice, may the jobs abound there!

• Like 1

If you tell us where you want to go (which city) you will instantly get some more specific comments, tips and recommendations. ;) 

But 'Hello' is a good start! :D Good luck with your application.

We went to Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland on our LSD trip in July 2015, I really liked both Melbourne and Sydney, but if I had to choose it would be Sydney. Area's we are looking at is Hornsby/Wahroonga, Castle Hill or Kellyville. My suspicion is that rent in Hornsby is going to be too high, but this is where we can live with our friends for a while while we look for a rental. We will need to enrol our kids into school (Planning on landing Jan 2017).

Do they also need proof of address like in RSA to enrol into school?

• Like 1

Vitchie, if you will be attending the local government school, proof of address is vital to prove you live in zone. Primary schools may at least be willing to converse with you before this stage, but the high schools can be incredibly sticky.

My understanding is that private schools don't care.

• 2 weeks later...