VISA 189 query

Roov

Question

Hi

I have received an invitation to apply for the VISA 189. I have 60 days from the date of receipt of the EOI. It has been 30 days since I received they EOI and I have another 30 days to lodge the VISA. I know that the police clearance can take some time. What happens if I do not receive the police clearance within the next 30 days? Will my EOI expire? How many times can I submit an EOI?

Thanks

Regards

Roov

8 answers to this question

The police clearance is not a 'time of application' requirement for the 189 visa.  You can lodge your visa application without this document. 

Hi

Thanks for all the help thus far. This is a great forum.

I have another question based on my circumstances.

We have received the EOI and have begun the process of applying for the VISA 189. We have just found out that my wife is pregnant. We therefore cannot have any x-rays for the medical exam. This means that we cant apply for the VISA within 60 days.

Any advice on what we should do?

Thanks

Hi @Roov

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS :):):)

Don't worry about that, I am very sure you are not the first ones to be in this situation. Maybe they can do a skin test for TB like they do for the kiddies for her instead of an x-ray? Maybe give one of the panel doctors a call to ask? You can call Dr Cobb's rooms on 011 788 1344

Also just a note, you only do the medicals after you have lodged the visa and therefore it does not necessarily have to be within the 30 days from your invitation.

Hope it helps :)

58 minutes ago, LCJKZ said:

Hi @Roov

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS :):):)

Don't worry about that, I am very sure you are not the first ones to be in this situation. Maybe they can do a skin test for TB like they do for the kiddies for her instead of an x-ray? Maybe give one of the panel doctors a call to ask? You can call Dr Cobb's rooms on 011 788 1344

Also just a note, you only do the medicals after you have lodged the visa and therefore it does not necessarily have to be within the 30 days from your invitation.

Hope it helps :)

Hi @LCJKZ,

Please forgive me @Roov for "hijacking your post". I noticed that @LCJKZ mentioned something about a  skin test for the kids?

The reason for me asking is, we have a VERY busy 2-year old that I am pretty sure WILL NOT be keen on an x-ray. Just getting him to have his passport pic taken was a NIGHTMARE! I had to get a mild sedative from our GP to help...which after the 30th attempt wasn't necessary. We got the perfect pic eventually lol!

Anyway, so we don't need to have a chest x-ray done on him?

This gives me hope because if not, pinning my son down will just not work and we might have to make use of that sedative ;) 

Have a great day!

I wish you both, @Roov and @LCJKZ all of the best for the way forward.

Martine

Hi @MartineMorilly:)

Yes, that is right, no x-ray for them. I also have a 2 year old and I had exactly the same problem with the passport pic. It took us forever to get a pic they were satisfied with. The skin test was totally fine. A little pin prick which was quickly forgotten cause I kept a lollipop handy to distract him :)

All the best to you too!!

Liz

Edited by LCJKZ
  • Like 1