Visas refused

Willem

:ilikeit: There is no way that my parents can be included on my visa(457) :P:(

So what els is there to do....NOTHING

I have the funds to support my parents for about a year but what happens with them after that

But looks like I'm giving up now

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people for the advice :ilikeit:

CHEERS ALL

Willem :(:(:(:(:(

Willem

There must be an alternative - can they not stick it out in SA until you get PR and then come over?

Willem

Sad news man :ilikeit:

Have you looked at other countries that are not so 'strict' with older people?(what about NZ?). Does it have to be Australia?

Willem

There must be an alternative - can they not stick it out in SA until you get PR and then come over?

When can one apply for PR???

Willem

Sad news man :ilikeit:

Have you looked at other countries that are not so 'strict' with older people?(what about NZ?). Does it have to be Australia?

Hi

I was thinking of NZ but have to speak to the familly

Hi Willem,

Ask your employers (I think it was AMH?) if they will sponsor your PR application under the Employer Nominated Scheme - I think that they can do this after 2 years, although I've heard that if you have a tertiary qualification, this can be done after 12 months. Go to www.dimia.gov.au - it's got lots of information. But speak to your employer first and see what can be done.

Good luck - you are in my thoughts.

Ajay

Let's look at Australia's situation for a moment.

Willem's occupation is in demand, so he can apply for residency while working and that benefits the migrant and the economy of Australia with the input of his skills.

Australia gets over 1,000,000 applying to come to this country each year. Most don't make the criteria.

However, there are ways and means of getting parents into Australia. This is by the "Family Re-union" scheme that allows parents of permanent residents and citizens of Australia to come to Australia and be re-united with their families that are in this country.

This is particularly popular with Italian and Greek immigrants that have sponsored their ageing parents to spend their last days with their immediate families here in Australia, and the policy has worked well for them in the past.

The criteria are that the remaining family members of the parents . . . . sons and daughters . . . must not be in the home country (in this case, South Africa) and they must have left the home country to live elsewhere in the world.

If there is one son or daughter left behind in South Africa, then the Australian gov't deems the parents to have someone in the family able to look after them and won't give them the "family re-union" visa required to settle in Australia.

Australia's population is ageing . . . and quite rapidly, along with other Western nations . . . . and doesn't need older folk here who can't be placed in the workforce and need government assistance to see them by.

It is deemed to be a drain on the Australian tax-payer to pay for older folk who haven't contributed to the revenue of Australia during the course of their working life, and the Australian gov't is burdened with the cost of providing for Old Age Pensions and Medicare for them in their old age.

You would have to provide an undertaking to pay for your parents for a minimum period (10 years, I believe) and, hopefully, your parents will have an independent source of income.

Chinese immigrants in the past have got their parents into this country, given a written undertaking to look after their parents, then after six months have pronounced that they are no longer able to fulfil the undertaking, leaving the Australian tax-payer with the burden of looking out for the ageing parents.

It is unfair to the tax-payer of this country to be saddled with this financial burden and that's why the Australian gov't is so careful to make sure that they are looked after by the children that want to bring them into Australia, because the system has been abused by Asian immigrants in the past.

You can apply for 457 temporary entry, seek permanent residency while here, then sponsor your parents once you have been PR for a certain period of time. Your parents can come "on holiday" to stay with you in the meantime with a holiday visa.

Willem,

Ons is hier op 457. Ons kon dadelik aansoek doen vir ons PR - daar is geen wagtyd nie. MAAR as jy 6 maande in jou beroep is en jou werkgewer "validate" jou "skill" - m.a.w. bevestig dat jy die afgelope 6 maande vir hulle werk en jou tipe "skill" gebruik, kry jy ekstra punte op jou aansoek. (Dit is waar die 6 maande tydperk inkom). Na 2 jaar in Aus kan ons werkgewer ons PR "sponsor", maar dit keer ons nie om voor die tyd self aansoek te doen nie.

Dus - sodra jy hier is, kan jy aansoek doen vir PR. Hoop dit antwoord jou vraag oor daai spesifieke punt.

Hi Willem

The Parent visa category or the contributory parent visa category would apply in your case. I would suggest you check out the DIMA website, if possible, once you have your PR, the Contributory Parent (whilst costing a bundle more) is the better option as the govt grants a lot more visas in this category. Also, do you have any siblings? This is an important factor. As I am one of two children my mother was able to immigrate as "half" her offspring are permanent residents of Australia.

Don't give up hope, keep researching and keep the faith.

Thinking of you and your family

Cindylou

Sad news Willem, keep on trytinjg, there must be another way. I think Bob is right, it was spoilt by other people :ilikeit: .

As for the PR on 457 -I have been here for almost 6 moths on a 457 and my employer is busy with my RSMS rponsored PR application. I believe under this scheme your employer can apply almost immediately for your sponsorship, then nominate you end then you apply. We are in the second phase now and do not foresee problems. We should have our PR before year end, meaning we will have PR less than or in about a year after arriving on a sponsored 457.

I also plan to persue the parent option thereafter.

Hang in there and keep on trying.

i'm arriving in Oz on PR from employer nomination scheme on thursday so that's an option for you so fire away if you need more info on it.

i would of spent a couple of years in NZ to get to Oz in the long run if i had to so i'm sure there are other options for you willem

good luck