Introduction

Goldenlily

Hello saaustralia community

I am new to here and I'd just like to introduce myself.

My husband and I just came back from our LSD trip, our 189 Visa's approved quite ironically the day we landed in Syndey (We had visitor visas for the trip, did not think the PR visas would be approved so quickly).

My husband wrote his AMC MCQ while we were on our 2 week trip to Aus and we are awaiting his results to apply for his PESCI, as that would determine when we are leaving permanently. I am an OT and we got the PR Visa on my qualification. We are excited about our 'adventure' and I have already got so much info from the saaustralia threads!

Any one else here also going over in the medical/ OT careers?

• Like 1

Just to elaborate a bit further...hubby and I live in East London and we have 2 furry kids that are going to move with us to the land down under.

Anyone else from East London making the move in 2016?

• Like 1

Hi. We are not from East London and are going over on the Engineers ticket but I would love to hear how your LSD went.

We are going over on a validation/LSD trip this July. Cant wait!

Hi @Goldenlily

That's great that your visa grant came through so quickly - congratulations! 

I am also an OT : ) We are submitting our PCC's to the case officer today (the last thing we have been on waiting on) and then we start the wait for the grant... how long did you wait for your grant after all your docs were uploaded?    

What are your thoughts after your LSD trip on where you will settle? Did you look at job opportunities while you were there or was the trip more to look at locations etc?

We're planning to arrive in Sydney in Jan '17 at this stage.

All the best for your planning and keep in touch, it''s good to 'meet' a fellow OT on this journey!

Hi @Goldenlily, I'm just curious, if the PR visa was granted the day you landed, do they count it as 'activated'? Or do they want you to leave the country and re-enter? (Like I said, pure curiosity)

Also, welcome to the posting side of the community! :D 

• Like 1

I am also curious. If your visa was only granted on the day you entered for your LSD on a visitor's visa, I do not know if the government system would have been updated to show you have activated your visa?

• 2 weeks later...

@Mara Our PR visas were activated, checked on the dept of immigration website, I was quite surprised, but happy that they were activated. @ellies2ozGlad to hear of another OT going over! My husband already has a job offer in a town (Barraba) in NSW, so we know where we are going, I contacted the lady in charge of allied health recruitment from the NSW rural doctors association, she is very friendly and will hopefully help me to find a position! You can also take a look at the NSW Health website, they have lots of vacancies for OT's:-) Our PR visa was granted about 2 weeks after all the documents were uploaded. Good luck and I hope to hear how your plans progress! @JackoFam I hope you enjoy your trip in July! We really enjoyed our LSD trip (Actually more look and see as we have already decided:-) ) One of the things I enjoyed most was not having to check if my car is actually locked after I locked the doors, hehe.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Goldenlily That sounds great about the agent, I'm sure she'll be able to find the perfect position for you -  all the best with the job search! Thank you for the tip - I will def take a look at NSW health website and see what's available. Our visa grant came through last Friday so everything has become very real for us suddenly :D now we can start making more concrete plans  - excited for what lies ahead!

Hope your plans are starting to fall into place nicely!

@Ellies2oz, I am glad to hear your visa came through! Keep me updated on your plans:-) Always nice to keep in touch with fellow OT's on the journey! Goodluck with getting everything in place, its exciting!

Edited by Goldenlily
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Goldenlily Wow, that is very quick turnaround for the PR visa. Which channels did you work through, did you use any of the agents in the forum or did you do the whole process by yourself? My wife is a Physiotherapist, we did our LSD trip in October 2015. More LS, we decided only recently to make a move. i know that she would have to register with the relevant councils and boards for Physios, which we are in the process of doing. Any info that could help us in the application will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hey IvanS, sorry for the very long wait in reply! Life got busy;-) jip I was quite surprised at how quick it went. Unfortunately now we are waiting on my husband's medical registration at AHPRA ( The Aus HPCSA) before we go. Its much easier for me as an OT to get my things done;-) I worked through Migrate 2 Oz, can really recommend them! Good luck for everything! My sister is also a physio and looking at making the move to aus.