Completing the 2016 PASA form for accountants

AccountantZ

Question

12 answers to this question

Nice.

(1) On selecting the ANZSCO code in section 1, are you able to select more than one code?, if not, which one is the best code to pick from if you are an accountant?

(2) When ICAA communicates the results, do they automatically use your email add or they use the preferred postal address?

(3) On section 9, did you take the combined PASA/Skilled Employment Assessment option, if yes, how long did it take?

(4) If one pays using a VISA/Mastercard, is there an online payment platform on-which we can pay directly into ICAA's account, or we are forced to put our card details on the form?

I did the assessment in 2015 and chose General accountant.

they emailed me

combined assessment is necessary

one of the other ladies called the ICAA with her credit card details. I just put mine on the form.

Thanks Sweepea,

1) Also what does ICAA mean by Identification Number on the first section before Sect 1, (Is it your accounting body membership number or what)

2) So if they say 2015/16 programme year, are they looking at calendar years, or what, if not, what are their beginning and ending year dates?

3) If one is given a state nominated VISA, assuming one doesn't have any connections in the nominated state, will the government assist you on arrival etc, am looking at things like accommodation and all?

Edited by AccountantZ

Hi I will need to check my forms when I'm back at work next week to answer first 2 since it's a while ago last year that I sent ICAA. 

On the last point, I don't know but try doing a search on Centrelink on this forum for assistance. So far my experience is we all arrange our own accommodation - the idea is not to be a burden to the state. But I really don't know what kind of assistance one could get. Maybe somebody else can reply

Hi

I left Identification number blank.

don't find the programme year space on the form

@AFreshStart could you maybe offer guidance on the question on Centrelink.

thank you once again, i also did the same, then realised that they only give you the ID number once they have logged you into their system

@AccountantZ,

No, the state is NOT going to assist you with accommodation, why should they? Having a State sponsored VISA is essentially a rubber stamp allowing you to work here, but they don't 'owe' you anything.

As Sweepea pointed out, yes, there are institutions like Centerlink & Medicare, but their assistance is limited, especially to non Citizens, but do offer things like FREE state health care to permanent residents, FREE state schooling, certain social grants in the way of Child Care Rebates etc.

Welfare grants like unemployment are open to those on PR, but you need to be working for 2-years (if memory serves) before you can claim.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Matt

Thank you for that one, at least it gives me some idea of what to expect. Having said that, i was also looking and researching to see if there are sites which exclusively post sponsored accounting jobs. I noticed that there is this co. whose email add is millpenmike2@gmail.com who seem to get a number of sponsored accounting jobs, but if you get in-touch with them, they starting talking of huge sums of money which you have to pay them as a job seeker....???, that is very controversial. Anyone with some advise on that, and better sites/companies to deal with?

4 hours ago, AccountantZ said:

you have to pay them as a job seeker

Sometime ago similar companies were in the news . Because migrants are often desperate to get a start similar companies exploit those vulnerabilities. They can do nothing more than what you will find on this forum:

a. some may have a deal with companies for temporary placement where you pay them to work for free at a company doing general admin work to get the so called Aus experience. With that they offer a Cert 4 admin certificate. No guarantee that you are more employable after that.

b. First read this: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/unpaid-work

c. and this: http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/support/rights-wages-conditions/pay-work-experience/

d. Again where a good idea got exploited - but is difficult to identify them as they may disguise this with some training

If you need to pay anyone looking for a job be cat foot unless the arrangement is as follows - pay x amount after 3 months probation and a permanent position has been offered and accepted and providing the employer didn't pay a placement fee to agent. Then everyone is covered!