Kevin

Kev777

Question

Good day,

I did submit my EOI yesterday and would like to confirm if I completed the employment part correctly.

I am a CA(SA) and did my skills assessment via ICAA and they did allow all my work experience as valid employment related to the nominated occupation (accountant - general) from the date my degree was obtained. Am I correct in stating that I complete the EOI accordingly as per assessment from ICAA without deducting any amount of years of experience. The reason I am asking is that the IT guys (ACS) need to deduct 2 years from their assessment from ACS, as ACS do not deem the first 2 years after qualification as skilled employment.

Just need to please clarify if ICAA is similar as they cannot give me an answer and are referring me to the Australian Authorities. I also cannot see anything from the Australian Government Website.

Please if anyone did their EOI with an ICAA assessment. Much appreciated!

3 answers to this question

I can't comment on ICAA, but I did my assessment via ACS and they actually ignored the first 2 years and 11 months of my employment. Goodness knows why! This meant my eligible employment started halfway through my first job.

The EOI makes no provision for mentioning this other than uploading the assessment so I just supplied the dates on my references... putting the ACS eligibility date in there would've contradicted my reference :unsure:

According to the EOI I scored points for all my experience and I don't know if that was wrong, but I got my invitation either way. It's pretty confusing!

Hi Kev777

I also used ICAA and used the experience per the skills assessment for the EOI.

All the best