Advice on IELTS Tutors in Pietermaritzburg or Durban?

HeidiPatrick

Question

Hi All

Please can someone give us the name and details of an IELTS tutor either in Durban or Pietermaritzburg? My husband has written IELTS twice and missed his 8 in only the writing section by 0.5 both times. So we've booked for him to write in May 2016 again but are trying to find a tutor or teacher who can help him improve his writing skills ect!!

Thanks a mil!!!

6 answers to this question

Hi HeidiPatrick, if it's just the writing that he missed by 0.5 why don't you get it remarked. I did and I was successful in getting it changed from 7.5 to 8. 

• Like 1

HeidiPatrick

If you would like me to look at an example of your husband's writing (Parts 1 & 2) I'd be happy to give you some comments. I've been preparing students for the test in australia for a long time!

Being a bit technologically challenged I'm not sure how you would "PM" me (whatever that means), but give it a go. There might be a few salient features of his writing which, if addressed, might just jump his score that crucial .5. 

Witz

I struggled with EILTS too, at a disgraceful price. I did the Pearsons once & passed with good results.

I did work with Sarah Purnell which I do recommend purnsy@hotmail.com. She was wonderful & helpful.

She very skilled & offers a number of exams.

But failed the EILTS again & decided to do the Pearsons & passed really well. First time

All the best

10 hours ago, luckytobehere said:

HeidiPatrick

If you would like me to look at an example of your husband's writing (Parts 1 & 2) I'd be happy to give you some comments. I've been preparing students for the test in australia for a long time!

Being a bit technologically challenged I'm not sure how you would "PM" me (whatever that means), but give it a go. There might be a few salient features of his writing which, if addressed, might just jump his score that crucial .5. 

Witz

Hi Witz

I'll get Patrick to do some practice essays and then send them through to you to have a look at and then give feed back.

Thanks a mil!

1 hour ago, Shen1 said:

I struggled with EILTS too, at a disgraceful price. I did the Pearsons once & passed with good results.

I did work with Sarah Purnell which I do recommend purnsy@hotmail.com. She was wonderful & helpful.

She very skilled & offers a number of exams.

But failed the EILTS again & decided to do the Pearsons & passed really well. First time

All the best

Hi Shen1

Thank you for your feed back. He has actually done Pearsons twice as well after doing IELTS and did even worse in Pearsons (6's in person's compared to 8.5's and 9's in IELTS). He prefers the IELTS and it's just his writing that needs the extra 0.5 for him to have all 8's!

Where is Sarah based and does she offer help with IELTS writing?

Thanks a mil!

Oh my! 

Shame manI I feel for him...so much is dependant on this english nightmare....stressful

Sarah is based in Durban.

Sara is an expert with EILTS she has many international students e.g. China etc & gets them through the EILTS.

She works through Skype, she books a time with you & then goes through all your challenges with you.

You can book as many sessions with her as you want. You pay per session. I thinks it's an hour R160 per session. (Not Sure)

She's good at emailing you back same day.

Blessings Heidi