Been thinking about it for a while , now starting the process

warrenl

Hi all

I have been thinking about this move for a long time but have decided to start the process.

My IELTS test has been booked and will be submitting my "paperwork" to vetasses in the next week.

Like many here I have reached the point where I can't wait and gamble with the hope that things will get better in sunny SA and it is with a heavy heart that I will be leaving MY country and starting a new life in Australia.

The good news is that most of my friends will already be there.

• Like 1

Hi @warrenl

I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to make this decision. 

Sounds like we will be running on similar timelines. All the best with the journey!

• Like 1

Hi @warrenl welcome to our little corner of the world. Trust your journey will be a smooth one.

• Like 1

If our 189 is successful, Sydney will be our first choice with Melbourne a distant second. Still trying to get my head around the house prices in Sydney, though, but given that we both work in financial services, we don't really have a choice.

How about you?

On 24 March 2016 at 9:32 PM, warrenl said:

The good news is that most of my friends will already be there.

That's good indeed!

All the best with your journey :)

On 28 March 2016 at 9:47 PM, CTtoAus said:

If our 189 is successful, Sydney will be our first choice with Melbourne a distant second. Still trying to get my head around the house prices in Sydney, though, but given that we both work in financial services, we don't really have a choice.

How about you?

First choice is Sydney , we were looking at Perth but the dry summers put me off( I like my summer rain)

prices are crazy but the idea is to sell up our properties here and get one decent house and fix it up....

I am in construction and already have a good friend that is working as a developer in Sydney so hoping that he could help out with a job or some referances.