How long after submitting final docs was your visa granted?

JackoFam

Question

I am in this horrible limbo that most of you have experienced - we have at last submitted our PCCs (they took 2 months to come) and we are waiting on the grant.

I was just wondering how long most of you had to wait for your grant after final submission?

16 answers to this question

Thanks Sweepea!  That is the timeline I have guestimated. Hope it will be the same for us

• Like 1

We submitted our last docs somewhere in November and got our grant emails in the middle of January.

But this time varies a lot from case to case, and you also get variations where direct grants were received or there was a long back-and-forth with a case officer. I think they quote three months on the website? (Perhaps that is very old by now. We got our grants Jan2015)

• Like 1

Back when I lodged my application there was a massive backlog and the wait was a lot longer. I lodged my application online in September 2010 and got my grant letter a year later in August 2011. This was for a skilled migrant PR visa.

We loaded our last docs on 20 October 2015 and we're still waiting :(. I'm beside myself with this "limbo living". 

TinaB that's a long time, gosh!  We uploaded our last docs on the 28th of Feb 2016, so our waiting has just begun, my nerves are already finished, i have this sinking feeling everyday when i think about it.  I do hope you receive positive feedback soon.

• Like 1

On 17 March 2016 at 0:32 PM, TinaB said:

We loaded our last docs on 20 October 2015 and we're still waiting :(. I'm beside myself with this "limbo living". 

Looks like we're in the same boat @TinaB ?

@TinaB I read somewhere that it takes +/- 3 months, so almost 1 and half month gone, my biggest concern is our health assessments, both my hubby and i are on the slightly heavier side of the scale.  Can't sleep most nights.

Well we're still waiting :(  I don't actually know how I have survived this long, or more importantly how my husband has put up with me this long. 

Sadly we now know why our visa is taking a gazillion times longer than everyone else's.  My ex-husband :(  For those that don't know we are emigrating (Just found out from my English teach sister that I am not immigrating, but rather emigrating!!) with my son from a previous marriage.  One of the verification check the Department wanted was for the High Commission here in PTA to verify my ex-husband's signature on the 1229 Form we submitted.  The conversation should have gone:

High Commission : "Did you sign the form 1229 that gives your consent for your child to be included on the application for a visa to Australia?"

Dumbass : "Yes"

High Commission ; "Excellent, thank you for your time"

Instead it went:

High Commission : "Did you sign the form 1229 that gives your consent for your child to be included on the application for a visa to Australia?"

Dumbass : "I'm very busy now, email me what you want and I'll get back to you when I can"

2 months later - the same conversation

Dumbass : "That signature is not me giving consent for my son to emigrate.  There is still a lot of information that I need in order to have a proper agreement with my ex wife, and I want to know where my son is going to go to school and where they will live etc etc etc" (he loves to say "etc etc")

High Commission : "Ok, could you please send us a copy of the agreement you have so that we can verify your consent?"

And this is where we are now.  Dumbass uses terms like "etc. etc" which as far as I know is not exactly a legal term, and obviously I don't know where my son will go to school because I don't even know which city we'll go to at this stage.  I have explained this to him MANY TIMES. 1 get visa, 2 - get job, 3 - go to a city, 4 - find rental property, 5 - find local high school!!!

Anyway, I am mildly frustrated with him right now and I have now sent an agreement letter to him and his sister (who is a lawyer) in the hopes of finding a common ground that we can agree on with regards to my son. (who turns 16 this week and has never been asked by his father what HE wants).

Anyway, this has been a very trying time for all of us, so for now we're just trying our level best to keep our heads above water and not kill anyone. :)

• Like 1

Oh no Tina. That must be incredibly frustrating for you guys. I really hope this gets resolved ASAP.

All the rest if you still hanging in there  - I am thinking of you and wishing for grants for you.

In the end our grant came 20 days after final doc submission