Money in bank account

WillemPrinsloo

Question

Do you need a specific amount of money in your bank account before they will grant a visa (189)?

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hi Willem,

Not sure that you have to have the money in your account. I do recall on some form that I had to complete that they ask you how much money you intend to bring with. I think it is to check that you can support yourself when you go to Aus.

cheers

We applied in 2008 and had to have a certain amount per person applying (cash in the bank - had to give a certified statement), and also state a list of assets. I can't remember how much it was, or if its still required or how much it might be now. Feels like a lifetime ago.

We are almost at the end, waiting for PCCs and then Visa grant, no proof of funds requested so far.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillemPrinsloo said:

Do you need a specific amount of money in your bank account before they will grant a visa (189)?

Not required as part of a 189 visa application.

• Like 1

Dear WillemPrinsloo,

Firstly, well done on getting this far. I am new to the forum and was going to ask the very same question, about having a specific amount of funds in our bank account. I was told by a friend that there is such a requirement if you are granted a 190 and you choose Melbourne. We are choosing Melbourne as our preferred state/city. Have you received any other advice regarding this? We are hoping to receive a 189 or 190, depending on what my hubby's IELTS score is and which one we are invited to apply for first. We are not sure if you need to have a certain amount of funds for either one of the 2 visa categories?

Kindly let me know if you were able to confirm this?

(Excuse me if I am not allowed to ask a question on someone else's post/question...as mentioned, I am new to the forum and not sure about what the rules are lol)

I wish you all of the best for the way forward :)

Take care.

Martine Morilly