Studying further -fees

KirstyS

Just wondering if anyone can suggest how to go about enabling my son to study further. He finished matric last year and he moved to Perth a month ago. 

He has been applying for jobs but nothing is coming up and I fear he is becoming a recluse. 

I am hoping I can afford for him to study next year. I have noticed that some places allows mid year intake though 

am I right in saying because we only have PR he can't get the help from the government for fees? What other alternatives to pay for fees? Bursaries? Loans? ( I have a 6 month work contract - not permanent) 

Any advise? 

You are right Kirsty, you are only eligible for government loans if you are a citizen. You will, however, pay the same amount as an Aussie for the fees, and not the fees for a foreign student.

Perhaps look into TAFE courses, there may be something that would be of interest for him, and who knows, it may allow him to get a job as well. Here is a link for you:

http://www.tafecourseperth.com.au/?jet_interactive=ggl_tafe&_bt=96273970141&_bk=%2Bperth%20%2Btafe&_bm=b&gclid=CP62l-HFr8sCFVgkvQodN1kBig