190 State sponsorship

adele75

Question

Hi Everyone, I would just like get your thoughts on the following: My husband has been struggling to get the required ielts results for PR for the last year, we have the option to apply for State sponsorship 190 but wil only have 60 points (55 + 5), we have been advised that it is highly unlikely to get an invite with such low points? There are currently 3 states offering state sponsorship for his trade Electronic equipment trades worker.

11 answers to this question

If you have 60 points as an Electronic equipment trades worker you would currently receive a 189 invite relatively quickly.

http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

With state sponsorship it would be almost immediate.  Depending upon your circumstances preferences there may be a number of state options (5 states will consider sponsoring).

If your hubby is struggling with the English and you are not fixed on only going to a destination that does not offer state sponsorship then it is probably well worth looking at further.

Hi Tee, we are short 5 points for the 189 because of hubby struggling to get the 7's needed,

for state sponsorship he would only have (55 +5),  I was not sure that state sponsorship would even be a possibility as we were told invite on such low points is highly unlikely.

The requirements are quite extensive for a 190, and from my understanding most states would need proof of funds to the excess of R600 000, haha after paying all our fees converting from rand to AUS Dollar what are the chances :) NSW seems to be an option as they do not say anything to an exact amount?

Immigration is definitely not for sissies!!!! 

Hi adele75,

We received sponsorship recently and we had to state what funds we are bringing with but no proof was required.

Hi Adele75,

From my experience, your biggest potential obstacle is if the state in question has a specific English language score requirement for your hubby's profession (eg. South Australia required proficient English for my occupation). If your husband's profession is sponsored by a state without such a high English language requirement, 60 points should clinch it. Once you get state sponsorship, you can lodge your visa application and it will be treated as a relative priority. Hope this helps, even though it's a description of my experience rather than immigration advice.

Hi Thanks for the input, so much has happened since my last post, we decided to go for it and applied to NSW and got approval for Nomination in about 2 weeks and after that about 8 days to receive our invite. Things went so quickly that even our agent was surprized. We lodged our application to DIBP on 29 Apr and now we are waiting very patiently(NOT) for our grant, we have heard absolutely nothing since 29 April. The waiting is terrible, and puts a lot of pressure on your marriage and family life as you are constantly on edge!!

Hi @adele75

Have you heard back yet on your Visa approval?

Hi Deezo,

Yes we received our visas the first week in July, the waiting was tough but well worth it, hubby secured a job in Manly NSW and will be leaving in the next month or 2.

Good luck with the approval, it was the most stressful time for us from there it gets a little bit easier, but only a little:P 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for letting me know @adele75 :) 

Yes the waiting is crazy!!!

But its part of the process in the end so well done on getting your Visa approved!

Quick question - When you got your state nomination approval did they automatically submit the application for the visa invite or do you have to do another step or process in-between? 

With us it was the same day, the state nomination was approved, and then Immi automatically sent the invite.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, adele75 said:

With us it was the same day, the state nomination was approved, and then Immi automatically sent the invite.

Perfect and thank you kindly @adele75 :) 

All the best with you future ahead and i pray that you and your family will be blessed with everything you have hoped for!

Hi @adele75

I hope you are well and i hope you don't mind me asking for some help :) 

This morning we got our Visa Invite and State Sponsorship approval after submitting our 190 State Sponsorship Nomination application on the 29th July 2016!! :):):)

I cant believe how quick things went!!

Now we need to get all our documents together so we can lodge our Visa through SkillSelect but i wanted to know if anyone knows the details of the process from here?

• Once i click on the "Apply Visa" tab on SkillSelect then what happens? Will this delay our application if we don't submit all the documents etc right away?

• When and how do we create the ImmiAccount?

• When would we get details of our HAP ID's so we can book medicals before we pay for the Visa etc?

Any help would be appreciated :)

PS. I dont know if you used an agent but perhaps you have an idea.

Thanks so much!