Econotrans for shipping

EmNew

We have spent the morning unpacking our shipment from Cape Town and feel that Econotrans need a shout out for their service and quality of packing.

We had 5 minor casualties in the crockery / glass boxes , and it was not due to bad wrapping or packing skills. We are currently buried in a mountain of paper, and it is clear that every piece was carefully and VERY well wrapped and padded before placing in boxes. All gaps were padded too. Considering our goods left our house in a van, were unpacked into a storage warehouse while they waited for a full container, packed into a container, which then went through 2 loading and 2 discharges,  and then transported in a van to us from the last discharge port - all in all travelling over 15 500km on a Cape Town / Singapore / Melbourne route, I am very happy with the outcome.

So , if you are in Cape Town heading towards Australia, and are looking for a reliable company that will take good care of your belongings, consider getting a quote from EconoTrans.

• Like 1

I have just requested a quote from them. Hoping it is better than the others I received!

Edited by bbop

Hi EmNew

Could I ask what Econtrans charged for your move and was it a 20 or 40 foot container?

Thanks very much.  

So happy for you, unpacking all of your 'preciouses'. It must feel good to have your own things again? :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StephenR said:

Hi EmNew

Could I ask what Econtrans charged for your move and was it a 20 or 40 foot container?

Thanks very much.  

Neither - it was groupage for around 10 cubic meters ( hence the need to be in storage awaiting a full container load )

Door to door, inclusive of all costs such as customs , inspection etc, R28k

Hi Stephen,

A 20' container will set you back about 65k (without customs inspection fees. you will get a full list of what is included and excluded from Econotrans). Quotes are obviously on a case by case basis, but that is the one I got. Packing later this month, shipping tbd... so the final figure might change.

Em,

Glad you got your stuff. And better news (for me :) too) that it arrived (mostly) intact! Let the baking begin...

Edited by SDTCPT
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi all. Going to be shipping LCL to sydney. Any idea estimated shipping time ? I guess being LCL i need to wait for container to fill up but just wondering how long shipping takes.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys!

We packed our belongings with Econo Trans in September just before my mom came over and several months later they're still waiting for loads to Australia from other customers.

Today they mailed to say that the route to Australia has just dried up, and they've even tried finding other movers to co-pack with, and they can't. They're hoping for better news in the new year!

They've been great to date in every respect, but if our goods never get here ... they aren't really transporters, just really friendly packers and storage. Hoping this gets resolved soonest, as they're a company I'd happily support again.

Has anyone else heard of the route to Australia from Cape Town drying up?

If they are not an actual shipping company, but rather a third party service it is very possible. They would most likely purchase a full size container t and only ship it once it is full. Unfortunately I have heard of this happening before.