Short term, furnished room to rent.

DanielK

I will arrive in Adelaide at the end of March and am looking for a short term, furnished room to rent for +/- 3 weeks until I have secured a long term rental.

Which websites do you recommend?

It is impossible to know how long it will take to sign a long-term rental, so what is the best possible approach to managing the short-term rental period?

Try AirBnB. We took 3 weeks in Melbourne and felt it was too little time, we had to take a long term rental over our budget as we ran out of time. It is hard to get a rental due to the way they do things here.

• Like 2

We almost ran out of time, I would suggest 3 weeks minimum, but personally 4 weeks or more would have been better. Start looking immediately - we spent almost a week not looking, not expecting it to be SO hard (and of course the jetlagged kids weren't helping). If you run out of time find another airbnb I guess. That was our backup plan. Expensive though, its at least double regular rent, even triple.