The best is yet to come...

Jamieleighbb123

Hi guys

So I'm new on this forum although I signed up quite awhile ago I have never really formally introduced myself.My fiancé and I have been planning on moving to Australia for the past four years but luck was never on our side until we signed up with migrate2oz in July of 2015.My Fiancé is an accountant and he will be the main applicant as I am currently studying towards a psychology degree.

My Fiancé did his skills assessment through lCAA,It took us around 2 months to get a positive skills assessment because ICAA needed to contact SAQA in order to confirm my fiancés degree:blink: We then decided that it would be best to send out an EOI for a  Skilled-Nominated (Permanent) (Subclass 190) visa and unfortunately that got declined.Luckily the NT territory was still willing to offer us a Skilled-Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) which we then accepted.Now we are just waiting for the NT to process the invitation and let us know when we can apply for the visa.....YAY:D

The best is yet to come:wub:

Welcome to the forum, trust you will find answers to many of your questions here... Also, good luck with the applications, I trust it will go smoothly for you.

Welcome Jamieleighbb123 may your application be smooth and fast, we also have a 489 visa. Good luck :ilikeit:

Edited by Chips

Hi

Good luck @Jamieleighbb123

I have woken up this morning feeling nervous and anxious. I have received a positive result on my Skills assessment and have my English test booked for March. At this stage I am going through test practices. I think it is the waiting that is killing me - i just want everything to be done now and submitted. Even if I dont get a visa - at least I will have a answer :-)

I am learning to take deep breaths and relax throughout this whole process.

Think the other concern I have is that with all the problems we have in South Africa, I am so scared that Australia changes their immigration laws and makes it harder for us to get in. I know it may never happen, however I think that I will only finally relax when my 2 feet are in Australia and I am working.

Heck this is going to be a long couple of months. 

• Like 1

Thank you Guys, Its so encouraging to see so many people come together to help one another out:lol: @fingerscrossed I completely know how you feel, Its like a rat race to the finish line. We all just have to be positive and believe that everything happens for a reason and that even if we don't hit the Australian immigration Jackpot we will survive.....and move to New zealand;)

46 minutes ago, FingersCrossed said:

Think the other concern I have is that with all the problems we have in South Africa, I am so scared that Australia changes their immigration laws and makes it harder for us to get in. I know it may never happen, however I think that I will only finally relax when my 2 feet are in Australia and I am working.

Heck this is going to be a long couple of months.

I so know this feeling, we have the exact same worry.  We are trying to push as quickly as we can to get everything in order....

Good luck, it's "nice" to know others are sharing these moments of anxious anticipation with us! ;)

• Like 1