Activation of Visa 190

vzdike

Hi all

I need expert advice.

May a secondary applicant enter Australia before the main applicant? (Neither had activated the visa yet)

Regards

Hi

I stand corrected, however I am sure that for a skilled PR visa activation all parties have to arrive at the same time. Once the visa's are activated then the parties can come and go as they please.

Can anyone else confirm that?

• Like 1

It used to be a definite no, not sure if this has changed. If it has someone will tell us. Check your grant letter carefully, as I seem to remember that it is stated on there.

• Like 1

I have heard that the main applicant has to activate 1st before everyone else.

• 1 month later...

You do not have to enter Australia together. My fiancée activated before me in Feb without any problems. She is the secondary applicant. We also called DIBP prior to her departure and they confirmed that that would not be a problem

Hi Gwynn,

Can you please share the contact number? I "Googled" but can only get the number for when you are in Australia.

Thanks

G

I used this number 00 61 7 3136 7000.

You might have to hold for a while and if they are too busy they advise you to call later and cut you off.

• Like 1