If I ever need a reminder why moving to Australia was the right move

BrendanH

"Anti-colonialist" students at University of Cape Town are torching historical artworks and artifacts on campus.

I am saddened to see images reminiscent of Nazi Germany at what was a great, world class university.

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/uct-students-set-paintings-alight-20160216

It takes moments to destroy but decades to create.

• Like 1

Savages. Uneducated, destructive, brainless, savages.

• Like 1

I know I'm generalising, but if University students, supposedly  educated people, being groomed to be future leaders of the country, behave like this..... where are things going in SA?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another reason why we move to Australia. The first house is here and I've just put an offer on it, the second one is my brothers house in SA.

The security wall just doesn't do it for me.

House I've put an offer on here.jpg

My brothers house in SA.JPG

Edited by Peterthe1
Added content
  • Like 7

Too true, I agree!

The situation at the universities in South Africa is so tragic. It's just any excuse to burn and loot and destroy anything "white". The situation at UCT was caused by "students" demanding more housing for black students. Meanwhile over 75% of all university accommodation goes to blacks.

This is what happens when people in University firstly don't deserve to be there because of poor academic grades, and secondly aren't paying for it, but rather receiving bursaries and NSFAS funding purely on the pigmentation of their skin.

The sense of entitlement is staggering, but you're not even aloud to point this out, like that Standard Bank economist who was fired for stating the obvious.

I've got my PR visa, so this is just lighting a fire under my backside to find a job in Oz and jump on a plane and get the hell out of here. This country is truly stuffed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just based on what has been happening since the beginning of the year, I think the sh*t is starting to hit the fan. It's taken longer than most would have predicted but I think even the most blind optimists must be thinking twice...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yis I Skoon shuddered when I saw your brothers house...Sorry man but that brings back memories! Not good ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/29/2016 at 0:24 AM, Peterthe1 said:

Here is another reason why we move to Australia. The first house is here and I've just put an offer on it, the second one is my brothers house in SA.

The security wall just doesn't do it for me.

House I've put an offer on here.jpg

My brothers house in SA.JPG

What's even more tragic are the beers in the sun!!

• Like 1

I watched the SA news for literally 2 minutes last night...i can't handle anything longer than that.

Yes, if you're ever having doubts about moving to Australia just watch the news for 5 minutes. This country is a complete and utter disaster. It makes me sick.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, riaanp said:

What's even more tragic are the beers in the sun!!

Had to wait for my brother to get all the locks off the gate. The beers were still cold though, fresh from the bottlestore. Can't have warm Windhoek Lagers.

• Like 1