PLEASE HELP - Adelaide re employment advice

aappolis

Hi Fello Forumites!

We are on week 3 in Adelaide. I am battling to secure even interviews with Agencies and the ones who reply generally reject me and i cannot seem to find out why. Can someone here please help? I have 15 years experience in Tourism and Hospitality with my most recent role being at Booking.com as an Account Manager. I know Tourism in Adelaide is not as popular as in the other States but im really battling and need and want to work asap, not necessarily in my field but even Admin etc though 3 Agencies have now rejected my CV based on a vague explanation, I am at my wits end and just need someone to tell me if im on the right track or if they have any advice about the layout of the resume etc?

Thank you in advance, im getting desperate and cannot handle all this time on my hands especially with no $$$ coming in.

#i really want to work:mellow:

Althea

Althea, I have not found the agencies to be that great here. Perhaps you could make a list of the kind of places where you may fit in, then go to www.yellowpages.com.au and do a search for those type of businesses in Adelaide. I have always found that it is better to deal directly with a company than through an agency.

• Like 1

I know that there are several threads on this forum discussing CVs and layout, with tips and links. And RYLC has posted two YouTube videos about using LinkedIn. I'm sure if you search the forum those threads should pop up. (with the little search space waaay at the top right)

Thank you so much for the advice! i will jump on those immediately.

Have a great week, may it be a successful one!

Althea

• Like 1