LSD Trip What stood out

tcmiller

I did my LSD trip a number of years back and the one thing that really stood out for me was just how helpful and friendly Australians are. I remember standing on a street corner with a map trying to figure out the shortest route - I am old school in that regard, I really like maps - and so many Aussies stopped and asked if I needed help. I like to compare this with SA where if you have a map and stand on a street corner you're guaranteed to get mugged.

What stood out for you?

• Like 3

What a lovely post. What stood out for me was how unexpected I found Australia as a whole. I suppose I stupidly had the typical Hollywood/Croc Dundee image in my head and just didn't expect the "normality" of it all.

The other things was how frigging cold it was - we did our LSD trip mid winter on the basis that if you can love a place at its worst time, then that bodes well. We loved it, although we did freeze!

• Like 2

Had a loan car from the stealership yesterday while the Rok was being serviced....no GPS. Asked a cop at the traffic light for directions. He drove in front all the way to our destination!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Cleanliness, orderliness(respect for rules) and overall safety.  It was refreshing to see public facilities that are well maintained and cared for not only by the Council but by the people who use them. 

How many senior citizens are out and about because of zero concern for safety and being soft targets for criminals. 

No taxis cutting you off or riding in the yellow lane or on pavements and pushing in.

Traditional South African boerewors meal at a restaurant on the Gold Coast was like $30.  Promptly washed that down with the most delicious free ice water thank you very much lol.  Love Gold Coast BTW. 

Did I mention the safety factor? 

• Like 3

We are here now almost 18 months.  It was amazing how quickly one get used to the cleanliness,  the orderliness,  cleanliness and safety of life here.   Humans were made to live like this,  it's natural.   If the only thing you miss is to hear more of your native language or accent,  it really is good,  lol.   You do feel the strangeness of the different ways of doing some things,  but we've found that some things that seems silly at first,  makes good sense the more you understand WHY they do things this way or that.   Our children play most afternoons with the other children in the street on bikes and scooters and skateboards,  no worries besides occasional traffic.   It's a good life and we are thankful to be here.

• Like 5