VISA Payments

Minime

Ok so this is perhaps a silly question, but how do you pay your VISA costs?

I mean do they give you bank details so that you can make a payment? Can you put it against your credit card?

The reason I am asking is because the exchange rates the bank uses is higher than should you for instance use a forex exchange company.  Could you perhaps do a payment via one of them? It is a lot of money to trust someone else with!

I know this is fairly personal for everyone but I was just thinking about how we were going to do this one.

All the help is appreciated, as always :)

Hi Minime, only way to pay is via Credit Card I am afraid so everyone is in the same boat with higher exchange rates. 

Hi

I paid for my skills assessment today and the final amount that came off the credit card was very close to the Rand amount I got when I googled Australian dollars to Rand.

Oh my goodness, that sucks, to be honest.

Also I read that you can make 2 payments somewhere or do you pay everything in one go? I am the main applicant and hubby is tagging along.

So will they allow you to pay for yourself and then later for you dependents?

Sorry for all the millions of questions and thanks for the info

Hi

I think all visa costs will need to be paid upfront when you application goes in. I haven't read or heard where split payments can be done.

However, I am not a expert on this - I am also learning as I go along so it will be interesting to see what other people say.

Hi Minime,

We paid via credit card and were told it's the only way to get the VISA funds to the department. As far as I know, the only way that costs for Visas are split is during the different application phases. Like skills assessment, EILTS, EOI and then the Visa app. But when the actual application is handed in at the Visa stage you pay in full.

Must have misread then...

As far as costs go, I currently have it split up into:

- Official documents ( unabridged certificate etc)

- IELTS

- Skills assesment

- VISA

- Medicals

- Police clearance

- Flights

- Money 2 survive

Do you pay for the EOI as well? Did I miss something?

Thanx for all the input everyone!

Are you taking anything with you? Our half a crate is coming close to R50 000 including insurance. (Exchange rate is killing us.)

Hi Mel-B

No we are busy selling all our furniture, will be starting from scratch that side as me and hubby only got married last year and we do not really have a lot of furniture.

We do however have a small puppy that I am definitely not leaving behind, so that which we save towards not taking furniture we are going to have to pay for our puppy. Not really a win-win situation.

We are only starting out on the whole process, but all these costs (in Ausie Dollar) is killing me, bye-bye savings!

Hi Minime,

I miss spoke, we paid to apply for state sponsorship.:ilikeit:

Charne

Did you guys apply for a 190 Visa then? Don't you have to have like Aus 30 000 in your bank account then? 

5 hours ago, Minime said:

Charne

Did you guys apply for a 190 Visa then? Don't you have to have like Aus 30 000 in your bank account then? 

I think it depends on the state. I know that for ACT we had to prove that we had sufficient savings (If I recall it was AUD20,000 per adult and AUD10,000 per child.)