Is it worth remarking IELTS to improve Writing mark?

riaanpdaddy

Question

Got my results for IELTS 2nd round - 9 for everything except writing = 7.5! Dammit, just missed the 8. At least it improved from 6.5 to 7.5 but I was sure I would at least get 8. Does anyone think it is worth it to re-mark it? I know the marks won't change on the listening and reading, and they are high, but the writing might be marked differently with another examiner?

6 answers to this question

If it is for writing then yes it is worth it as a very subjective. We had the same score and my wife was confident she did enough so we asked for a remark which gets sent to the UK. Result came back as 8 so was worth it. This was middle of last year. 

• Like 1

In our experience - remark made no difference - stayed the same (7.5 for writing) and it took ages to get results back.  Rather book PTE - Husband did IELTS twice - same results - only needed 0.5 on written part for overall 8 score.  Did PTE once - and passed with flying colours!

Just for reference sake: I ended up not remarking and just did the test again. Studied, did time trials, got my trial tests marked (by my wife) and got 8 for writing on my third try