Brand New

Lillie

Hi All

I am brand new here :-)  We made the decision to start the process and we are super excited as a family.

We are a family of 5, hubby is an IT Manager with a SAP Basis background and I am a Travel Agent.  Grade 9 daughter, Grade 1 boy and last year in nursery school little girl.

We have downloaded the 100 steps list and can now tick off 2 more things on the list, I registered here and I posted on the Forum :-)  We have also started applying for the Home Affairs documents that we know can take some time and asked an agent for an assessment.  Every little step is one step closer!

I am sure you will get to know us as we have a lot of questions and will need lots of advice.  This seems to be the perfect place to get all those answers.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience!

Welcome Lillie.

Wish you all the best and hope you and your family have a smooth application process! :D

Hi Lillie, welcome to our little corner of cyberspace. Our forum members are super helpful, so I trust you will get many answers to your questions here.

Just one piece of advice, before you pay an agent big bucks to assist you with your migration, please run the name by us, as we know of a lot of agents that should be avoided and we have excellent references for quite a number that we could refer you to.

Hello Lillie. First if all welcome to the forum. I know when we started our journey we were completely overwhelmed by everything that needed to be done, the help and advise from forum members proved invaluable to us and we are forever grateful.

Feel free to ask away, there is no question that is too silly ? I probably asked a few myself. Also use the search function as there's lots of info on there in the archives. I also would reiterate what Mara said regarding agents, lots of good ones here. But also will go one further in saying it is not always necessary to use an agent. I think some people think that they absolutely must use an agent but you can do it yourself online. Something to consider depending on your circumstances. We did ours ourselves. Good luck with your process. ?

Appreciate the advice regarding the agents.  If we do decide to go that way, I will certainly run the name past here first.  I have read that people have lost lots of money and we certainly dont have that!

Welcome Lillie, all the best with your journey ahead and may everything be smooth 

I would second that the process is doable yourself if you have a straight forward application. If you have any areas of concern, I would suggest an agent. Search the forum to get a feel for the names and rates, as well as some great referrals.

You're definitely on the right path, we look forwards to welcoming you one this side pretty soon.

Edited by DXB2OZ