FIRST ACCOMODATION FOR NEW ARRIVAL

HuggyBear

Hi All

Please can you help advise how renting a property works. My concern is I will more than likely be arriving without work.

Looking on web I see agents request docs such as work references, payslips, bank stats etc but being a new arrival I wont have these. Im also not keen on having to pay 4-6 months rent in advance. Please share your experiences advice etc. I know its a tall order to expect agents to let out properties but eager to know what other peoples experiences are.

If its a case of living in temporary accommodation etc please recommend a few places names.

Im either going to live in Sydney or Perth. I like the sound of Perth and its not so far from home or should I say former home.

• Like 1

I would strongly recommend you do some homework in terms of finding out which Australian city has the most vacancies advertised for your skillset. In that way you will go to a city where you have a better chance of finding work. And once you have work you can start looking around and checking other places out, at your leisure.

So once you know where you are headed you can ask the 'locals' for advice.

That's my 5c.

• Like 2

Hello Hugh, first of all there's a thread on the forum regarding rentals and securing a rental you might find useful. We already had work before we applied for rental so I cannot advise on this. Use the search function and you will find all the info there.

We stayed in Perth with friends initially when coming over but my husband got work in Melbourne. I agree with Redpanda in that you must go where the jobs are. Perth is struggling at the moment and I know from friends and family that people are being laid off. The problem with Perth is that it is also very isolated from the rest of Australia. I am not saying dint go to Perth but just look at work.opportunities first before making your decision. Australia is a big Country. All the best to you.

• 5 months later...

Hi Huggybear :)

We are currently renting a fully furnished pet friendly 3 bedroom one bathroom house with a garden South of the river in Perth. It is available for $300 per week (for dates 24 July-24 September) and includes all utilities as well as garden services. The house will be available from 24 July 2016. You won't need references but will have to a pay a bond/deposit of $1000. The owners of the property charge $475 per week all inclusive but we are breaking lease due to our work arrangements being North of the river so we will substitute the $300 with $175 to get to their $475 per week. The owners are ex South Africans and have been really supportive and fantastic the past couple of months. It is a great property to start from whilst you are waiting for your furniture to arrive and it's a short 2km walk to the beach. Let me know if you are interested - when are you arriving?

aussieanchorage3.jpg

aussieanchorage4.jpg

aussieanchorage6.jpg

aussieanchorage7.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3311186.jpg

hi

thanks for thinking of me but will probably be going to Sydney in Sept. Its a pity that's a nice place at a nice price

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to jump in. Which suburb is this in Perth, looks like a good deal. We are trying to prepare for our arrival in terms of finding a furnished short term rental. Any advice in this regard would be great. Ideally we want to be in Wandi/ Aubin Grove long term.

No worries Marco :)

Unfortunately we have found a tenant to take over our lease. If you are looking for a fully furnished short-term rental go have a look on this website. http://www.ozhouserental.com/ they have loads of fully furnished properties that you rent directly from home owners. It's a safe and trustworthy website that offers several price brackets and areas. We were very happy dealing with them. I would suggest a 1-3 month booking at first, it will give you time to look for a rental property that suits your needs in the area you want to stay in and also a bit of time for your container to arrive or to get the necessary furniture together.

When are you arriving?

• Like 1