bringing the parents along

IanMo

Question

Good day,

I need some advice, we are in the process of applying for Oz Visa's possibly (190) or (189) we are a family of 4. If all plays out well we hope to move by 2016 but we would like to bring the "Old lady" along unfortunately the "Old Lady still works in SA and would only like to join us in Oz after she retires which is in possibly in 2019/2020.

I know that the process is fairly simple if we were all to arrive at the same time but the dynamic changes since my mom only wants to join after 2 or 3 years.

would we include my moms "Old lady" application with ours despite the fact that she would only be prepared to move 2019/2020?

would she have to apply on her own and list us as family sponsors?

is there a different type or class of visa we would have to apply for or that she would have to apply for?

2 answers to this question

You won't be able to include her in your application as she works, lives separately from you (I assume) and wouldn't be classed as dependent on you.  So she would have to apply separately for an Parent Visa.  The wait for these visas is YEARS and they cost a LOT.  With an aging population in Australia, there may come a time where they close the door on some parent visas so your mom is taking a gamble to leave it a few years.

Have a look at this thread:

• Like 1

Hi IanMo,

It sounds to me like your mom is not a dependent seeing as she is currently working. It might then not be possible to include her in either a 189 or 190 application. I think it might be best for you to speak to one of the agents that also post here on the forum. They will be able to give you the best answers. Stephen Dickson form Migration Outcomes Australia (SD_MOA) or Tee Taylor form Taylor Made Migrations (TeeTMI). You can send either of them a PM using the username in the brackets.

Hope you find your answers.

Cheers

• Like 1