Australia vs New Zealand Immi

SalomeCilliers

Question

Good day,

First my heart is set on Austriala and its really something that i want is to Immigrate to Ausie.. 

Bud i heard that some say New Zealand also a great place to go is easier and Cheaper to immigate to, Just the living part is very expencive..

Is this true? Or just a rumor going around... 

4 answers to this question

SalomeCilliers,

Since I've never tried to work in NZ I can't answer if the VISA is easier to get, though as an Australian citizen I can work there if I chose to, the same with those that acquire PR for Australia. I have visited though, both North & South Islands and truthfully years ago given the choice I would have chosen to move there and not Sydney, this was 10+ years ago, more than happy in Sydney now, but would have been equally happy there.

Living is expensive though, mainly because the salaries aren't as high, many New Zealanders move to Australia because of it. Recently a friend did just that, having been in Auckland for 11 years, he took a JUNIOR position with the company he worked for in their Australian offices, but it paid him 1/3rd MORE than he was earning, and moving to Newcastle meant his expenses were radically reduced, he now lives in a 3-bedroom house with garden for a FRACTION of what he was paying in Auckland to rent a smaller house.

You have to remember that it's a SMALL country, when I was there in 2003 the headline news was that the 4-millionth person was born and the sheep outnumbered people 5 to 1. 4-million is the population of Cape Town or Sydney alone. Australia by comparison has a population of 23-million.

Hope that helps somewhat, even though it doesn't answer all your questions.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt 

Got say it helps really, I honesly dont know anymore... Sometimes it feels like some friends and Fam wants to talk us down on going.

I know this is not easy.Me and my husband had almost a 2 hour talk just to get to the bottom on how we can go about things..Its not really possible to so what we want.. Lol... So we have to set out Plans.

Thanks again.

Hi Salome

We used to live in Auckland, NZ. It is a lovely country with spectacular scenery and very friendly people. Depending on where you live property is very expensive, especially in the big cities. My eldest son still lives in Auckland and loves it there.

I have listed the link to NZ Immigration below, perhaps you would like to read up on it. I can not assist you with information, as we moved to Australia 18,5 years ago, and the laws have changed quite considerably since then.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

I also thought the following link may interest you:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/welcome-to-new-zealand/8712913/We-came-to-NZ-for-a-better-life

Hi Mara Thanks this means alot. Im focust and want to get things done hehe...

Edited by Mara
Corrected my name