Help needed - estate and missing goods

OubaasDik

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone here could give some advice.

My Dad died almost a year ago, leaving FNB to handle the estate and get it all wound up and shared out.

The money side has been done, but there was a rifle that was left to my cousin in Canada. I gave them initial contact details for him, but they never contacted him at all. Later in the procedings I asked about the rifle, but the money people insisted they had nothing to do with rifles, and the rifle would be in their vaults somewhere. To date my cousin has heard nothing and I would like to get hold of someone who can sort this out, or alternatively start a fire under their backsides.

I realise that probably someone has "erfed" it and licenced it in his name already, since this seems to be common with estates, especially if the recipient isn't close by.

Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I sent an email via their website - I just chose the complaint for the closest style department and they have got back to me quite promptly.

Now to actually talk to someone in the freakin department.