Belridge High School, Perth - opinions?

KirstyS

Hi, does anyone have children at Belridge High School in Perth? Any opinions? TIA

Edited by KirstyS

According to a friend of mine who's brother was a teacher there, "it has a mixed reputation. It was in top 50 schools. Apparently, if your child is likely to be influenced and head down the wrong road, then rather send them elsewhere." I haven't had any experience with high schools as yet. It's so hard!

I hope that helps. I'm not sure if anyone else has any other info??

• Like 1

My neighbour sent his three sons there - and he is very happy with their outcomes.

Mine went to Mindarie Senior College. The "problem" is you have to be invited to apply - it's a bit elitist.

I wish my daughter had gone to Mindarie earlier, since at Kinross College she was turning into what she called a "slag". I also wish she had gone there, where students were encouraged to get off their butts and do something, which she was doing at Mindarie, but too little, too late.

• 4 weeks later...

I was under the impression that Mindarie Senior College is for Year 11 and 12 only. The feeder school is Kinross College from Year 7- 10 now.

There should be no problem getting into any state school if you live in the catchment area.

Yes, that's correct. Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise.

Both kids were at Kinross and went on to Mindarie.