Landed

Soon2BOz

We have landed!

Our first impressions are wow...what a great place!

We flew out of Cape Town to Dubai and had a lovely 20 hour staycation in the airport hotel in Dubai. It was great to sleep in a real bed, have a shower and just have some quiet around us for a while. Then we hopped onto the plane bound for Adelaide.

We got a really warm welcome from all the officials at the airport and got our all important stamp in our passports.

After watching countless episodes of Border Security, we declared all our goodies and were waved right through.

We had prescription meds, choccies and sweets, pencils ( so declared wooden products) and tackies (so declared sports shoes). We were just being cautious. 

It was wonderful to be met by family. They have been so helpful with helping us set up all our admin.

Got a great deal on mobile pay as you go...30 dollars for 1000 dollars talk time and 2.5 Gigs of data.

So I can phone my dear family back in South Africa and chat for ages! Makes missing them a bit easier! 

Off to to sort more admin....a fabulous day to you all! 

• Like 8

Welcome to Australia! May your settling in be a real smooth ride!

• Like 1

So glad the trip went well, and that your arrival was smooth !!

Hope the admin goes well, and hope to hear more about your life in Adelaide soon.

:):ilikeit:

Welcome, hope you get settled quickly and enjoy all the Christmas Carols in the park events now happening in most suburbs across Aus.

What is Xmas without the carols...love it?

Welcome Soont2beOz, time for a name update methinks! I trust you will have a lovely time. God bless. 

Surferman