Steps to take for sponsorship

SalomeCilliers

Good day all 

I have an question i want to apply for Sponsorship i already have places in mind who sponsored other people.

To be Honest we do not have money for an Agency to help help so we have do start from the beginning.We do have a Car loan at this moment.No assets to sell we are renting

I'm not sure should my husband do the English test first and the Electrical test.He is an Electrician working on a Mine he is qualified and works for 5 years in his Occupation.

We have a Baby Girl 18 Months old and the i am 22 and Husband is 26 years old.

All the help we can get i would appreciate :)

Love Cilliers Family 

Hi Cilliers Family

What qualifications does your husband have? You say he is an electrician working on a mine for five years. What is the formal qualification?

Good day,

My Husband have a Red seal he works with over 3000 volt at the Silicon Mine.

We really want to start a new life somewhere els with our baby.

We are not really Family people because now our family is 1000 km away and it doesnt bother us.We prefer to live out own life.

Im a P.A at a Law firm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SalomeCilliers, 

You can totally do a 189 application on your own. Just take the time to read up on all the requirements and stick to the checklists. Make 100% sure you will qualify before you lay out that money though. Best of luck!

Hi surferMan

Thanks for the advise :)

I was wondering if it would be possible to go for the 189 Visa bud try to get a Sponsor?To pay for the Visa? Because we dont have around R200 000 for visa tickets and so on.

Or i can try for the 457 Visa as i understand that is a Temp Visa bud employers sponser you for that visa?

Yes, the employer does sponser you for a 457, but you have to get the job first and the sponsoring company has to be approved by the government to be able to sponsor applicants. So not quite as easy as just finding a job!

Hai Mara 

Thanks...

I know that its not that easy then to just find a Job.

I know if i look into it... something may come up..

I check the 457 Visa is Cheaper for the 3 of us.So in mean while while Job Hunting we can try to get the money together... Because as i understand.. we must lodge the visa App same time the Company Lodge to sponser us.

So i was thinking and .. looking for a period.. like half way before docs expire.. then if we dont come right we can go ahead and lodge the visa for temp work bud we will carry the cost.. Maybe if we have enough moola we can go a head and go for the 189... 

We can applay for PR while in Ausie.. 

atleast i hope it would work... ?.

Salome, in general the sponsoring company would carry the cost of your 457 application. If you get a job where they expect you to carry that cost, I would be very careful about accepting, there have been some reports on the forum of employers that have turned out to be "not so great" and if they are not willing to carry the cost of your application, I would definitely put them in that category. You cannot lodge a visa for temp work, unless you already have a job and a sponsor.

Please know that you have no guarantee on a 457 of your actual employment lasting for the length of the visa, usually 4 years, if the company has a downswing in the economy, they can make you redundant, and unless you can find another sponsor within 90 days, you would have to return to RSA.

Some folk that have come over on a 457 have been very fortunate to get wonderful employers and have gone on to get their PR, in some instances on their own and in others the company has sponsored them for PR. HOWEVER, we have also seen a number of unfortunate folk that have come over on a 457, to an employer who made their lives an utter hell, and as they are/were dependant on the job, they just had to do as instructed... I am not suggesting that you stay clear of a 457, I just want you to know that it is not always a good news story.

• Like 1

Thank you very much i understand what you are saying and thank you for the advice.

We would have liked to go on the 189 visa because so many people told us how great it is and what benifits you get so on... 

Bud our problem was the funds to pay for the Visa App... Thats around R70 000 for the 3 of us... 

So we need to get someone to sponsor or help us in away that we pay them back. Bud we know that wont work.. hehe..

So then we where like oky we really want this maybe we should go for the 457 Visa.. no benif... bud atleast we will get into Ausie.. and then we can take it from there... 

So our first option become out second option because of our finance problem.

I dont know if we should use my husbands pension.And start over a new one in Ausie.. Not sure... 

My brain works overtime because i really want the best for my family.

Regards 

Cilliers Fam

Hi Salome

The other problem is, as an electrician, your husband will have to be licensed to work anywhere in Australia. I am not sure what procedure this would follow, perhaps you can start a new thread with a heading like "Electrician License in Australia - how do convert to it"

• Like 1

Hello Salome,

If you would like me to assess your options for the various Australian visas please email me a copy of your husband's CV to stephen@migrateaus.com.au there will be no charge for this.

At least then you will be more aware of what is available to you and the costs involved.

Regards

• Like 3