Started ;)

BarryHeyns

Hi everyone

OK, so after a kind of impulsive decision we have started the process of immigrating to Australia.

I am using NewWorldImmigration, I hope they are ok? I have received excellent service thus far and thought it would be easier using a agent as I don't really have a lot of time to spend on trying to figure out how to do this myself.

I have been advised to apply for the 189 visa, currently busy with the skills assessment or busy getting all the information required, asking previous employers for information has been a hassle.

Booked my IETLS exam for the 16th January, after which I will probably apply for the skills assessment and then hopefully the visa itself.

At the start I was scared that this will all happen to fast but I have now realized that the process is actually going to take longer than expected and every day I am becoming more and more excited about this.

The only doubts I probably currently have are:

1. Leaving my family behind

2. Not finding such a nice job as I currently have in SA

Not sure where we will move in Aus but just wanted to say hi and thanks for the forum, I have already found lots of info about questions I had.

Regards

Barry

• Like 1

Welcome here, and sterkte for the journey. Our longest part was getting all the documents and assessments and tests done. Once we submitted an EOI it was a matter of three months to getting the grant. But it can vary a lot. Since it was an impulsive decision, it might be prudent to sit down at some point to make a list of good reasons to leave RSA and good reasons to go to Australia (and believe me, it's not the same list, even though some things will overlap). It's not enough just to want to get away from the things that bother you, you have to also know what you think you will gain on that side. The push and the pull are important. If you know that then you should be able to make it through any initial bumps. ;)

Good luck!

• Like 2