Medicals for children - Mantoux test for 2 to 11 year old

GOOD2GO

We just had medicals done at Rosebank. Dr Cobb was super friendly. For my 3yr old son we had an option of a skin test which we would have had to come back or a blood test for TB. We opted for the blood test as we don't need to go back to the doc. Now just waiting for police clearances to be ready. 

Thanks Justmish, a blood test would've been easier for us. I wonder why Hatmed didn't mention? Will ask them on friday

Hi JackoFam, Rosebank also only mentioned the skin test on the phone. When we got to doctors room there was a sign with the options. Maybe it is new. 

Thanks guys - I am pretty anxious about the medicals - basically our last hurdle (assuming our PCCs arrive)

We were also stressed about medicals but they were super easy and doctor was very friendly. So don't stress. We also just waiting for PCC's. Hopefully they done before CO contact. 

Thanks Justmish. We only applied for PCCs on Monday and our agent will be delivering them to CRC tomorrow so it might still take awhile

No problem, we applied for our PCC's 11 December and they only showed on their system on 25 December. I phoned them yesterday and they said will take about another 2 weeks. Gonna be touch and go whether we get them before CO contact as we also applied for visa on 11 December. Just a tip for your medicals. We had to strip down to our underwear for the medical. Did not know this before appointment. So wear appropriate garments

1 hour ago, Justmish2009 said:

No problem, we applied for our PCC's 11 December and they only showed on their system on 25 December. I phoned them yesterday and they said will take about another 2 weeks. Gonna be touch and go whether we get them before CO contact as we also applied for visa on 11 December. Just a tip for your medicals. We had to strip down to our underwear for the medical. Did not know this before appointment. So wear appropriate garments

This is why you should always wear clean underwear :D

• Like 1

Good luck with your Pcc's guys.

Thanks Chips.

We went for our medicals yesterday and it was a very smooth process. My sons mantoux test was negative and as far as we could tell our chest xrays were clear as well but we will see if Oz requests the extra sputum tests for us