Almost there

KnoxFamily

Hello everyone,

I have been following the forum, posting and commenting for a while now but never put our introduction up.

I am a Senior software support analyst for Sage Intelligence,

Husband - Technical sales rep in industries from steel, machines, plastic and now small engines (Lawn mowers etc)

Son - 4 in Jan

Daughter - 1 in Dec

I was offered a job to work in Sydney in April 2014. on a 457 visa (I know the risks)

The reasons for not going the PR route, not enough points.

We were not able to do any university degrees. Hubby got to N6 mechanical engineering - not trade tested (started a business). I have a national certificate in information technology (could not afford to go further so started working).

Unfortunately when the agent first got in touch with us she said I would need chest X-rays. Now because of a condition known as PCOS. I went months without ovulation (TMI sorry) so no way of knowing if I was pregnant. I did a pregnancy test just in-case and it was positive. (Happy and sad moment) now all happy.

Discussed this with the new employer and he agreed that he could not afford the maternity leave pay (457 has a minimum Salary P.A.) and they would re-visit the idea after maternity leave.

April this year he asked again and we said Yes!

From then until now we have had quite a ride (South african side) namely DHA, after a couple tries with my UB birth certificate from Lost papers to giving birth to myself (I got to keep this copy as proof) we have now arrived at the point of just done medicals.

It is taking its time because I am asthmatic, (meds to control it)

Hubby's father had TB, (on the form it says "Have you been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with TB) so we said yes, to be truthful

Dr did not have any problems with anything else

We love this country, but not the people running it.

We have seen some of the worst side this country has to offer right in our little piece of paradise (my bedroom window overlooks a beautiful waterfall).

We love our families and we will miss them terribly, but my sense of adventure is not hi-jacking, armed robbery and brutal murder right next door.

If we did not have children we would probably stay and try "Stick it out"

Anyways we are super excited and anxious to get there.

love to all,

the forum has been a wealth of knowledge and it is appreciated.

• Like 6

I wish you all the best. :D

As you said Hillcrest - your own little paradise also called the 'Last British outpost' with friends staying out there as we stayed in Westville.

That entire area is so beautiful - but on the upside you will be surprised how some areas in Queensland are closely similar to Natal

I cannot speak for Sydney but Ipswich in Qld is one of those areas

Best wishes with your plans

Good luck! Enjoy the hungry jacks at the watercrest mall! It's portion controlled here. So, the burgers are a lot smaller.

Oh and Burger King is called Hungry Jacks in Aussie. Apparently, Aussie already had a burger king in Sydney CBD. He was quick to sue the real burger king when they entered Australia.