Hi All

Justmish2009

Hi All

I have been lurking in the background of this forum for a few months so thought it best to introduce myself. My wife and I are both teachers and have started the long road to getting our 189 visa for Secondary Teacher. My wife being the more beautiful, young and clever one is the main applicant. We have all our unabridged papers sorted from DHA, have both written the IELTS academic test and 6 weeks ago we applied for her skills assessment with AITSL. Now the first wait for a positive assessment before EOI.

Have learnt so much from this forum so far.

Well that's me for now.....

• Like 1

Hey, good luck! Just don't give up on South Africa just yet. You still have to live there for a while. So, enjoy your last year or two on RSA.

RSA is changing so much, the place you are leaving now won't exist when you return on holiday. I have been back twice and I have seen big changes. The change hits you all at once when you only go back every 2 years.

So, enjoy your time left on South Africa ?

• Like 2

Happy that you found us. Trust that all will be smooth sailing with your application.

Welcome and best of luck with your application.

• Like 1

Monsta - thanks for the wishes. Am already an expat of sorts. Been working in Mozambique for the past 6 years and only get to South Africa every 3 or so months. Even in the small time we are away we see small differences in the general state of affairs. Also hoping if all goes according to plan to be over there by mid 2016.

Thanks Mara and Kishmira for your well wishes.

• Like 1

All the best with your application,may iť be a smòoth sailing

Hi Justmish2009, where are you planning on settling? (I covertly collect Melbournians, hehehe...)

It sounds like you're pretty sorted, so good luck, and use your time left here wisely. ;)

Thanks Chips

Red Panda - unfortunately planning on being on the complete opposite side of Australia. Planning on going to NT (not a state I hear much of in this forum) We planning on teaching rural for a few years. Luckily have a friend of the family who has been teaching in rural NT for the last 10 years so easier to get a foot in the door.

We still very early in our whole process.

Waiting for skills assessment which will hopefully be ready in a month then we can lodge an EOI. So still a long road ahead.

Well, I've just watched a load of videos on youtube about the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge that runs bi-annually from Darwin to Adelaide. (Because my friend went this year and has just come back) Ok so the point is... NT, especially along that route, looks a lot like bushveld, with some medium size trees, scrub and a lot of red sand, with rock formations that look like the ones near the Cederberg valei. It's actually rather beautiful in some places. So if you like those landscapes in South Africa, then you'll feel right at home. Well, I'm sure you've researched it way more than I have. But it's a bit like asking South Africans how they feel about the Karoo, most will tell you:"Pretty, to drive through. Maybe stay over on your way to someplace else." Hehe.. Nah, man, if that's what you like, go for it!

It's just way too hot and dry for my liking ;)

Red Panda - already live in a very hot, humid and rural place (Mozambique) so won't have problems acclimatising. Have been advised to not go work in the desert as it is depressing. There are many rural coastal areas in NT that are apparently beautiful with pristine beaches (unfortunately you can't swim in most areas due to salties and jellies) so that is where we are aiming for. If that doesn't pan out we will go wherever we find work.

• Like 2