Please advise: having baby public route

Gunner

Our son is 2months old and we went through the public system. The midwives and doctors were wonderful. The midwives are so clued up. We had complications from the start and had a third c-section booked. We never made it to the scheduled date and all went well. The cons were really long waiting times for the doctors, horrendous hospital food and seeing different doctors at each consult and having to explain our story all over again. This was also a pro though because one has the benefit of many expert opinions. Truly wonderful care in the public system!

Rozellem my third baby did not sleep in the bassinet AT ALL for the 2 nights I was in hospital so I was exhausted! A nurse did take her for an hour or so but having her somewhere in the passage near the nurses station freaked me out even MORE!

And I wasn't allowed to have her in my bed as they've been having issues with babies falling out of bed. Eventually I ignored that advice just to get some sleep and that's where she still ends up most nights - in my bed haha. She just turned four!!