Sad Today

joweni

As a special needs teachers I have worked with many many challenged children over the years but on Friday for the very first time ever, I was hurt in a deliberate attack by a student. I went back to school today as I know that these things happen and it could have been much worse but what made me so very sad is that not one of our leadership team even bothered with a " how are you". I feel very undervalued and trying hard not to overthink this...........

Wow, Joweni, that is so sad, a person would think they would be more caring about your well being! Hope you are alright? Hugs to you....

• Like 1

We appreciate teachers like you. More than we can say. Thinking of you.

Hope you feel better...

• Like 2

Hi Joweni. I, for one, truly admire people like you. Irrespective of words, or lack thereof, your work has real, meaningful impact and most often attract silent gratitude. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 2

Thanks people. Feeling much better about things. I have made use of the free counselling service offered by the education department. Also went and saw the school counsellor , a lovely young man who originally comes from Croatia and he was very supportive .

• Like 3