Unisa certificate and working with children check

LoriL

Hi all. I would like to know how would i go about getting my UNISA certificate certified so it is recognised in Oz? I have studied Early Childhood development for 2-5 year olds? Are there many preschools in Perth? Will i need to do a follow up course of sorts once im in Oz? We will hopefully be based in Perth.

How does one go about getting a 'working with children check'?

Thanks in advance

As far as I know you need to send it to Teaching Australia for accreditation. Most schools here have recently been doing specialized educator's 'working with minors' checks so if you teaching now find out there or at a police station - maybe it's a different class police clearance? You can google Teaching Australia and read their requirements. Hope this helps.

In New South Wales, you get a letter from the place where you will be working with kids and go to the local RMS or Services NSW. The RMS is the same place that handles your drivers license.

Hey. I am an Early childhood teacher. You have to get your qualification certified by ACECQA. I also studied through unisa and it wasn't a problem at all.

The working with children check is more difficult as you need 100 points identity and a daycare to sign off on the application. You can still get a job without the card but will need to apply asap after your appointed. Contact me any time rikamariew@gmail.com I am teachin in the early childhood sector in perth

You also have to register with the Teacher registration board TRBWA. I Did this and my certification while still in RSA and secured a job interview while still in RSA through Goodstart early learning. Been working there ever since. There are a few ECT (early childhood teacher) jobs available in WA at the moment

• Like 1